diy solar

diy solar

Recently added Enphase P5s to existing 50x IQ8a system

doku

Hi!

I recently had an installer add 6xP5s to my 50x IQ8a system.

Since then I've been having issues.

I have 5x solar strings, he ran 4 to the combiner box, 1 to the second panel inside my house.

I have 2 mains coming from the meter. 2x 200amp service.

Prior to this, everything was running fine but since the change, I've had many issues. He left the original gateway which caused cross communication. I got access to the installer app, removed the old gateway, moved all the panels to the new gateway which resolved a bunch of issues.

But I've still got some issues if someone could provide any kind of help.

13 of the panels are not producing, 8/13 are producing maybe 5-50w, they're all in different strings, while the other panels are producing normal amounts. 5/13 are offline. The error comes back as AC Voltage Low, AC Voltage Out of Range, AC Frequence Out of Range.

The other issue is randomly my electricity starts generating noise, I think this is when solar producing drops and import from grid goes up (speculation). I have Wyze cameras, they were producing static noise, LED lights inside the house were flickering, etc. Does this mean that I'm on an incorrect grid profile? I'm in Dallas TX on Oncor. I'm using "IEEE 1547:2015-WHB" ...not sure what it was prior to the battery install.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm having my battery installer come out and make sure everything is correct on his end before I contact my solar installer.

Hi!

I recently had an installer add 6xP5s to my 50x IQ8a system.

Since then I've been having issues.

I have 5x solar strings, he ran 4 to the combiner box, 1 to the second panel inside my house.

I have 2 mains coming from the meter. 2x 200amp service.

Prior to this, everything was running fine but since the change, I've had many issues. He left the original gateway which caused cross communication. I got access to the installer app, removed the old gateway, moved all the panels to the new gateway which resolved a bunch of issues.

But I've still got some issues if someone could provide any kind of help.

13 of the panels are not producing, 8/13 are producing maybe 5-50w, they're all in different strings, while the other panels are producing normal amounts. 5/13 are offline. The error comes back as AC Voltage Low, AC Voltage Out of Range, AC Frequence Out of Range.

The other issue is randomly my electricity starts generating noise, I think this is when solar producing drops and import from grid goes up (speculation). I have Wyze cameras, they were producing static noise, LED lights inside the house were flickering, etc. Does this mean that I'm on an incorrect grid profile? I'm in Dallas TX on Oncor. I'm using "IEEE 1547:2015-WHB" ...not sure what it was prior to the battery install.

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm having my battery installer come out and make sure everything is correct on his end before I contact my solar installer.
That’s a lot to think about... wish I could help...

diy solar

diy solar
Back