diy solar

diy solar

recommendation for outdoor pond pump

xmodel94

I’m looking for a recommendation for a pump for an outdoor pond (with fish!).
I have a pipe leading to a small waterfall drop

I have a 100w eco-worthy solar panel with controller and would like to link the pump to this.

the pond is about 8ft x 4ft.

any thoughts on what’s best for my panel? thanks.

Nice. I have a lot of little ponds too but usually to cows drink from them too and so less fish and more $@#$ in them! lol. For 100 - 200 watts there arent a ton of longer lasting options that would keep water flowing regularly. Maybe depends on how long you want to have it running. If you want it to be adding aeration for the Lunkers(!) with a little venturi nozzle (or maybe that little drop adds enough oxygen) then you need to make sure it can do a tid bit of pressure and is rated for continuous use (not one of the brushed ones as they will overheat) so I guess the one advice would be to go for brushless with a little controller and maybe one battery (to be charged by your solar panel and MPPT or PWM charge controller whatever it is you have) to make sure you are keeping it flowing for the fish and air for them. I've gota bigger pond that I fill with one solar pump and aerate with a solar fountain (looks nice too) and a solar aerator. Keep the water kinda clear in the summer - some algae on the sides but not bad. Maybe that is helpful - sorry I have less experience in this size pond

Back