diy solar

diy solar

Recommendation pls for simple 24V inverter 1000-1500 W

rilonau

Hi all,

i need an inverter for 24VDC to 230 VAC 50 Hz. It should be able to deliver 1000W cont. and maybe 1500W peak. It sould have a good pure sine wave and work quietly up to 800W or low noise fan. Are the cheaper china inverters o.k. or are they more fake (Toltakien, SUSWE etc.)? What can i expect for 100 bucks or do i need to spend more?

Any experience and hints welcome! :)

I would spend more. I watched a YouTube video of inverters catching fire.

I have a Victron 1200 VA phoenix, and that barely meets your specs. I have not ran mine past 300 watts yet but have not heard a fan, but am sure it would go on at higher wattages.

It is available at 230VAC.

I would not run a 1000 watts continuous inverter at 1000 watts hours on end, but would size up. I use 1/2 to 2/3 rated continuous ops to run hours on end.

Thank you for your experience. Yes, i know especially the chinese brands tend to overrate their products sometimes by 50% or even 100%. You should carefully raise the load to see what it can handle and measure the temperature at the components. There are also more reliable brands for 2 or 3 times the price but meet their specs. Victron is more on the expensive side, i think they will meet theirs specs without problems ;-) And they are more efficient, likely. I know the victrons do save power on stand-by, others use 30...50W just in stand-by mode. 3 phase inverters often need 100+W just in standby.

Victron is more on the expensive side, i think they will meet theirs specs without problems ;-) And they are more efficient, likely. I know the victrons do save power on stand-by, others use 30...50W just in stand-by mode. 3 phase inverters often need 100+W just in standby.
I don't have any EU - 230V output inverters, but the small 1000W - 2700W, 12v/24v inverters I do have do not run very high standby current.
+1 size inverter higher than steady loads especially budget inverters. Victron is more money once, could be re-purposed later in a caravan or mobile set up.
Hope to see what you choose and how it works out for you.

I have a 12v Xijia (CNSPOWER) 1500w inverter, and recently a 24v 1800w FCHAO inverter.
Both are used in DIY solar generators. Both brands were reviewed by Andy (off-grid-garage.com), although different voltages.

In general I can say that both of these Chinese brands are fairly reasonable. I have seen a recommendation to de-rate the usage with them (1300w max for the 1500w, and say 1500w for the 1800w).
Personally I don't run them much or at full load, but so far I haven't had any issues.

What about the fan noise with the Xijia and FCHAO inverters? When (at which load) do they kick in and would you hear them - say from 5 m away?

Back