diy solar

diy solar

Remove your rings or else this could happen! (GORE)

I have been married 47 years in a couple of weeks, never wore a wedding ring. Spent 24 years in the Air Force working around aircraft, no rings allowed. Then worked for the railroad and then again for Airborne Express. Never wore a ring, still don't. To easy to rip your finger off or like the above incident working around batteries. I do have a wedding band and wear it when I go to a funeral service or wedding. ;)
That's understandable! It's common for people in certain professions or situations to avoid wearing rings due to safety concerns. It's great that you have a wedding band and wear it for special occasions like funerals or weddings. Safety should always be a priority.

Last edited:
I'm old school and probably stupid.
I have worn my father's gold ring for 40 years. It has never been off of my finger. But I am fully aware that it's there at all times. I have spent a lot of time bare handing live 480v bus bars while making terminations. I can't stand gloves. But I do own them, for my employees to use. I have only worn my Arc flash suite once as a Halloween costume. I always say "don't do what I do". It's important to know what you can touch. And how you can touch it. But one mistake will kill you. Which is why PPE is important. Because accidents happen.

I unfortunately was a 1Lt in the AF so I only got to answer telephones (Titan II silos) but the guys who got to actually fix stuff were told NO JEWELRY. NONE. Also in school one prof had gotten his tie caught in rotating lab machine. He had a bad permanent twitch. My daughter's long hair got partially ripped out by a leaf blower. I did touch my slowly running chain saw to my sneaker last month that also tore my sock without a mark on my toe. DUMB luck. Finally these solar systems can bite several ways. 240V kicks more than 115.

That is exactly same thing Happened to me when I was about 25 years old while working on a Nissan 300ZX.
The only difference was that it was an all metal watch and the band got stuck between the Chassis and the battery Positive. It literally welded itself in place and I could not pull out my hand. A second or two passed as I pulled and pulled and it finally came loose. The watch was smoking hot at this point but I was able to get it off. I had a burn mark around my wrist for about 6 months. Needless to say I never wear any form of Jewelery anymore, not even a wedding ring.

A ham radio buddy of mine got killed just by looking inside a HF radio amplifier, his buddy asked him if the glow of the tubes was too bright, indicating too much plate current going to the tube.

He bent over the Amp to look at it closely and the pendant he had around his neck swung forward and made contact with the 3000Vdc on the tube. He just dropped instantly and was dead.
Lol…….300zx while working at Z-Shop of Miami in 1989. Same exact cause and injury.

Back