diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 48v all in one

Red Squirrel

Anyone have experience with this unit?

I am curious if the AC comes from the inverter at all times when it's in grid mode. Ex: can I use it as a dual conversion UPS? Hook it up to grid, and to battery, and then if power goes out there's zero interruption as it's just running off inverter already? Is this how it works?

The battery charger current is 120A so that seems to indicate to me it may very well be able to charge the battery + run load at same time, but not sure if that's truly what it does.

Ex: can I use it as a dual conversion UPS?
No, it doesn't work like that.
When the relay is in bypass position you are running on grid power.
Whey the relay is in inverter position you are running off the battery.

I made my own dual conversion UPS/time of use device using an RV converter and a discrete inverter plus an rpi to automate things.

Ah shoots ok, so it works like most inverter chargers then. Was hoping this could be a cheap solution to do what I want without building something out myself.

Anyone have experience with this unit?

I am curious if the AC comes from the inverter at all times when it's in grid mode. Ex: can I use it as a dual conversion UPS? Hook it up to grid, and to battery, and then if power goes out there's zero interruption as it's just running off inverter already? Is this how it works?

The battery charger current is 120A so that seems to indicate to me it may very well be able to charge the battery + run load at same time, but not sure if that's truly what it does.
Yes, I have this unit, and you can use it in "UPS Mode" where it runs on utility unless there is a power outage, then it switches to solar + battery. There is also a mode for using "mostly" solar + battery, but switches to utility when battery is low.

diy solar

diy solar
Back