diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Self Heated Battery BMS Error

adamhratcliffe

Good morning, I have been pointed here by Facebook as they say you are the experts and I will be in safe hands. I will copy and paste the post below but as a current sit rep

I have connected directly to battery cells (circumvented BMS) and the voltage is 13.3 which is about what my 90% memory matches. It seems like the BMS has a fault. Do you have any help please?

Renogy lithium battery help.
I have 2 renogy self heat batteries installed. Yesterday I noticed on my rpi driven Venus system they had different firmware versions so I updated them. At that point they both had roughly 90% charge.
They now are lifeless. Cannot get them to provide power. The activation switch doesn’t do anything. If plugged in to my blue smart charger it’s the same colour it should be if active but when supply removed it goes dim and won’t activate.
I’ve read a lot about low voltage bms protection but I don’t think it can be this.
The battery reads 5v when connected yo nothing.
Does anyone had a firmware file I can try with or any other help.
Thank you.
Edit. I was going to try to boost thr voltage to trick charger to charge after a video saying dc dc charger may not be outputting because it can’t detect battery but there is 14+ volts coming from the charger but there is no current flowing.

I think the BMS firmware I used may have been incorrect. Does anyone know where I can find the correct firmware? Cannot find it on any Renogy sites.
Thanks.

Back