diy solar

diy solar

Reset Renogy 500A battery monitor?

SmokeyDaVan

When configuring my monitor to set 100% charge per the instructions, my fat fingers slipped and held the down button for 3 seconds instead of the up button, setting my max charge as my fully depleted charge. Having AGM batteries, I’m never supposed to set this. I set 100% charge as well, but now my monitor always shows a full charge with 00:00 time remaining no matter how much power I’ve used overnight.

Is there a way to do a hard reset on the monitor to get it back to factory settings? I’ve asked Renogy support, but all they’ve done is tell me the setup procedure, which I already know, and know I’ve done wrong. Thanks!

What is the capacity of the battery you have set? It shouldn't matter if you by accident set the capacity to zero % and back to 100%. Functionality should remain.
Or differently: have you not switch B- and P-?
A picture of the battery discharging and charging?

According to the manual, there is indeed no option to reset. But there are only 4 values you can control and only 1 of them is about the capacity.

Walter

What is the capacity of the battery you have set? It shouldn't matter if you by accident set the capacity to zero % and back to 100%. Functionality should remain.
Or differently: have you not switch B- and P-?
A picture of the battery discharging and charging?

According to the manual, there is indeed no option to reset. But there are only 4 values you can control and only 1 of them is about the capacity.

Walter
Capacity is set to 400Ah, which is my two 200Ah batteries. B- is connected to battery, P- connects to charger and my house fuse panel.

8C5754A8-AB56-4E10-9D4C-ACBAEA866CA2.jpeg
It’s definitely charging. It just nearly always says 400Ah. Once I’ve seen 399. ?

Continue charging to 14.4 volts; then the battery is really 100%; then discharge...
If the discharge is not changing the value, I guess it should be broken...
Does it give a realistic time to depletion?

A picture when discharging?

Walter

Last edited:
Ps: you configured to 400Ah; so it will not show anything above 400Ah. The idea idea is that it waits for the charger to charge to 100%; then the value is correct. After that it should show correct values.

Back