diy solar

diy solar

retrofit reach truck from flooded lead acid to lishen 202ah

jwwh

i helping a friend to retrofit a reach truck from lead acid to lifepo. currently it is using 48v 360ah (24s) flooded lead acid battery, nothing in between from the battery to reach truck just a anderson connector. My plan is change it with 32 cell of lishen 202ah 16s2p, and the BMS is 250a continuous rating (relay type), my question is should i add a fuse on it(reach truck have it own fuse in controller)? if fuse is needed, it is recommend to add it before BMS or after BMS?

And is the battery need any compression on it?
my planning was build 4 12volt module with little compression pressure, the reason for building 12v module is easy to lift up and easy to compress than whole big battery pack.

Equipment list:
lishen 202ah battery x 32
16s 250a smart BMS (relay type)
48v lifepo charger 100a
300a DC isolator
aili battery monitor

current plan:
battery > aili battery shunt > BMS > DC isolator

Any input from you guys is appreciate and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Yes, compression is recommended.

The fuse should go on the positive side, BMS on the negative side. The shunt goes after the BMS.

Battery -> BMS -> Shunt

Yes, compression is recommended.

The fuse should go on the positive side, BMS on the negative side. The shunt goes after the BMS.

Battery -> BMS -> Shunt
Oh , I totally forget bms was in negative side, my mind was keep thinking before or after bms , but totally forget BMS should be in negative. Thank for mention it.

Shunt before bms is because I want to measure the shunt idling energy consumption also. Since this is the first retrofit we want to collect some useful data with this battery pack, then try to make the battery pack better.

I cant comment on the viability of the replacement. But do be aware that the batteries are used as counter weight. The new batteries being much lighter would reduce the total amount the reach truck could lift.

I cant comment on the viability of the replacement. But do be aware that the batteries are used as counter weight. The new batteries being much lighter would reduce the total amount the reach truck could lift.
yes, we will put a lot steel in it to match the original counter weight, first rule for forklift/reach truck, never cheat on the counter weight.

Back