diy solar

diy solar

Revised stand alone motor home power system

ampmike

For various reasons I am building a stand alone solar power system in my motor home to essentially use it as a power station.
Last trip was dispersed camping mostly out west from Dec 30 till March, 81 days with only 9 days with hookups.
We did ok with the house batteries and one 100 ah lead acid deep cycle auxiliary battery for my cpap and a 200 watt solar panel but I had to run the generator more than I wanted to for coffee maker, microwave and some charging which I want to stop doing.
I have 4 new Chin's 100 ah lifepo4 batteries
I have a 3000 watt Renogy inverter charger. ( I know Victron is better but this is what I can afford and was on sale at Renogy for $567.79 including tax and shipping.) I am hoping with a soft start I can run one A/C for a few hours if needed.
I now also have a 300watt Dokio solar panel in addition to the 200 watt I had.
While at home or at an RV park (average one day a week) I can charge the batteries with the inverter charger
I have attached a picture of what my current plan is.
I want to upgrade with roof mounted solar panels later.
I do not want to alter my current setup which includes the factory BCC, converter, generator and lead acid house batteries (2 6v Trojan)

After hearing sugestions andreaing reviews and similar setups, I think I have this right.????

Attachments

• standalone.png
    standalone.png
    445.3 KB · Views: 12
Inverter in rear?
12v cable to the rear compartment ... how many feet is that away from battery?

inverter charger install it under the bed right next to the battery

Inverter in rear?
12v cable to the rear compartment ... how many feet is that away from battery?

inverter charger install it under the bed right next to the battery
Inverter charger is less than 4 ft from batteries.
Because of a bedroom slide and the factory converter I only have room for the batteries under the bed.

All looks good to me. 400ah is about 5000w and 500w of solar you should expect around 2000w a day

Back