diy solar

diy solar

Roof Mount Rail Color Black or Aluminum

Kuma

Installing Panels that are aluminum frames and using Ironridge rails. The house roof edge is very low, 7'6" I can reach up and touch it. The panels will be 16"~18" from roof edge, with the rails about 6"-10" inches above that, making it very easy to look up at the rails which are directly above the front door. Im thinking about installing black rails and fasteners to limit the amount of shiny aluminum when looking up from the ground. Ironridge sells a "contour" skirt that attaches to the panel frames but it is expensive

I could not find pics of mixing rail and panel colors. Would black rails make a difference after installation? Black fasteners also or should fasteners match panel frames?

455w.jpg

Black panel frames with Tamarack bare aluminum rails.
You don't really notice at all unless your really staring.

The photo with the pines was just after install in October, the other just a few minutes ago with the sun about down.

Attachments

• IMG_20221014_155533.jpg
    IMG_20221014_155533.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230715_202838.jpg
    IMG_20230715_202838.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 16
I will soon have 4 plain aluminum frame panels mounted on black Tamarack racking.

You really don’t see the mounting hardware and I think the rest will look fine.

Finished the install and the black rails look good. Used the clear/alu color panel fasteners/clamps to match the panel frames and they look good also. As some one mentioned, no one will notice. Thanks everyone!

Back