diy solar

diy solar

Ruuvi Bluetooth humidity sensor with Cerbo GX

mptx

I am looking to manage humidity in the electrical bay of a small travel trailer. I’d like to activate a fan in that compartment to exchange air with the main living area to balance temperatures and reduce (or eliminate) condensation.

Question: is the Cerbo GX relay able to activate when a Ruuvi Pro temp/humidity sensor detects a certain level of humidity? If not, is there another Victron (or 3rd party) component’s relay (BMV-712, Multiplus, etc.) capable of this trigger?

Looking at my Cerbo GX relay settings I don’t see a humidity option, but I don’t have the Ruuvi yet either.

I am looking to manage humidity in the electrical bay of a small travel trailer. I’d like to activate a fan in that compartment to exchange air with the main living area to balance temperatures and reduce (or eliminate) condensation.

Question: is the Cerbo GX relay able to activate when a Ruuvi Pro temp/humidity sensor detects a certain level of humidity? If not, is there another Victron (or 3rd party) component’s relay (BMV-712, Multiplus, etc.) capable of this trigger?

Looking at my Cerbo GX relay settings I don’t see a humidity option, but I don’t have the Ruuvi yet either.
As far as I know Realy#1 on the Cerbo can be confugured for generator/temp/manual and tank pump. Relay#2 can only be configured for temp and manual. I've got Ruuvi's but I don't see any options of controlling them with the GX based on humidity yet,

I'm facing the similar issues in a heavily insulated battery enclosure. Desiccant packs will likely help in the short term. Let me know if you find a good solution.

As @NorthTown2022 observed, I've not seen the ability to relay off of humidity with the Ruuvi sensors I have in my camper.

Post up an enhancement request over on the Victron Community board.

Almost certain you can do it with nodered. I have them but don't think I saw an option built in.

Why not just get a dehumidifier that controls based on humidity? They also make small dehumidifiers with low power draw.

Or those damprid things that last forever and you just plug in to recharge

Searching around for info on the Ruuvi sensors. Do you guys who own the sensor like it and the app? Or should i look at SensorPush or a different brand? I dont have anything Victron, yet. On a different forum i read how the Ruuvi sensors can talk to Victron. So im close to buying one of the $39 Ruuvi sensors.

I haven't used the Ruuvi app yet. At least, not that I can recall. I might fire it up to apply any firmware updates that are available.

Searching around for info on the Ruuvi sensors. Do you guys who own the sensor like it and the app? Or should i look at SensorPush or a different brand? I dont have anything Victron, yet. On a different forum i read how the Ruuvi sensors can talk to Victron. So im close to buying one of the $39 Ruuvi sensors.
They're great I have a bunch. Even have 2 on my old rv I can't find and such long range its picked up. Most are 1.5 years old and still work.

I just started using their app and it's cool as it shows how many seconds since last update, usually just a couple. Very accurate. Even used one on my generator radiator and used it to run my genset until it gets hot them shutting off and watching it cool down while driving all on their app.

Victrons cerbogx allows me to set alarms so I use them on my batteries and everything.

Didn't know they have firmware updates, guess gotta check that out

Im a little surprised how their more expensive models do not measure air pressure. I see how the more expensive models have more accurate sensors installed. Thats cool.
During dusty summer months i try to maintain a positive air pressure using a hepa filtered 4" blower. I also like to use the MaxxAir roof vent. So for years ive been curious what settings on each fan will still keep a positive pressure. A dial type barometer might be more practical since you would have it on a counter within view. Instead of using the app. (mostly talking outload here)
Trying to decide between the Ruuvie Pro 3in1 and the cheaper Ruuvie 4 in 1 that has a barometer.

Im a little surprised how their more expensive models do not measure air pressure. I see how the more expensive models have more accurate sensors installed. Thats cool.
During dusty summer months i try to maintain a positive air pressure using a hepa filtered 4" blower. I also like to use the MaxxAir roof vent. So for years ive been curious what settings on each fan will still keep a positive pressure. A dial type barometer might be more practical since you would have it on a counter within view. Instead of using the app. (mostly talking outload here)
Trying to decide between the Ruuvie Pro 3in1 and the cheaper Ruuvie 4 in 1 that has a barometer.
I have the pro on the radiator and the others everywhere else apparently. Pro is nice because I could ziptie but other than that doesn't seem to matter. Guess the batteries last 1.5-2 years ans I just started getting the low battery thing.
Not sure what the other 3 are, ones outside, ones the fridge and 3rd is my 12v battery.

Just last week the fridge one saved us. I was moving wires around and disconnected the fridge not realizing I forgot to reconnect it and got a high temp alarm, sure enough it was unplugged.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109_155618_Ruuvi Station.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109_155618_Ruuvi Station.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2
I have x18 on various bit of Victron kit and
Hi,
I have x18 (4in1) on various bits of Victron kit (in barns/outbuildings ect) and can monitor all with Victron's VRM, the way i look at it is if something that costs £30 can save me thousands it has to be worth it.
I have used the app but VRM gives me everything i need (alarms when moved or if the temp shoots up).
here is part of a list...
templist.jpg
and two graphs...
temp1.jpg
temp2.jpg

Might end up buying from overseas they sell a 4 in 1 Pro Version. Havent found that yet in the states. If you buy 4 the price goes down a few bucks and free shipping after 2.
They have lots of resellers in the USA listed. Started searching a few. Nobody seems to have the 4 in 1 pro yet.
https://ruuvi.com/ruuvitag-pro/

Might end up buying from overseas they sell a 4 in 1 Pro Version. Havent found that yet in the states. If you buy 4 the price goes down a few bucks and free shipping after 2.
They have lots of resellers in the USA listed. Started searching a few. Nobody seems to have the 4 in 1 pro yet.
https://ruuvi.com/ruuvitag-pro/
I bought mine originally overseas and they came in about a week no issues. The rest were right from Amazon.

That's what I done x4 at a time shipped from Germany to the UK in 4 working days.

Back