diy solar

diy solar

Rv, panels at slight angle, orientation to park.

Kcmusa

Should I point direct into sun or at angle to get most out of solar?
see the slight angle of roof and panels.
9BAB90D1-BCB7-4759-8046-A8C8924539CC.jpeg
9BAB90D1-BCB7-4759-8046-A8C8924539CC.jpeg

As with most things, it depends. Are your panels wired in series or parallel? If parallel, it doesn’t really matter how you park. If series, are the curbside panels in series or are the front-most panels in series. Can’t tell from pics how many panels you have.

Each side (2 , 200 watt panels) wired in series. Then parallel for 800 watts total.

For a 2s2p configuration, park however you want. My only concern when I park is that I'm not in the shade. Otherwise, I don't care about compass orientation.

Since your panels are sloped in opposite directions I would think parking facing either north or south would give the best results, at least this time of year. Doing so allows the east side to get better pre-noon sun and the west side to get better post-noon sun. If you park facing east or west this time of year then the south side will get sun all day while the north side will get very little. But maybe that all averages out to the same total input so it doesn't matter.

I would try a few days of equal clear skies parked in different orientations and see if one works out a little better. Of course if things on your roof cause more or less shading depending on the direction you are parked then that may have a bigger effect than the panel orientation.

In the summer it probably makes little difference due to the better sun angle and longer days.

parking facing either north or south would give the best results
Having played around a bit with bi-directional strings I’d agree with that.

Not sure about Arizona but at 44.75lat if found vertical is much better than flat - but you’re in the sun world so maybe no matter.
You are angled some.

Back