diy solar

diy solar

Safety parameters/Grid parameters SOFAR 1100TL-G3

Jorpe

I recently bough a small cottage which has solarpanels and an inverter, but it has not been installed.

I know virtually nothing about solar power, but as far as I have managed to understand the situation is as follows:
- This model of SOFAR is not included in the list of already approved inverters that can be attached to the grid in Linköping, Sweden.
- According to the grid provider, the standard EN50549-1 must be met. I can see that this requirement is fulfilled.
- Furthermore there are a number of Safety parameters that needs to be provided to the grid owner in order to get approval.
- The User Manual for the inverter indicates that one can set a Country code for different countries. One of them is Sweden.

My assumption is that this country code sets default values on these safety parameters/grid parameters (I assume that are the same?)

Now, I would like to know these values specifically for Sweden, in order to provide them to the grid provider for approval. Where can I find them? Are there some file download for these settings somewhere?

I have tried to get information from SOFAR support, but have not received any answer yet.

If its like all the other Inverters I have set up then setting it to Sweden should set all the parameters to suit the country standards at the date the inverter firmware was written. So old SMA Sunny Boys for the UK you select G83 as that is the old standard, newer ones will support G98, the current standard.

To find your country standards then ask for them from your local electricity supplier.

Your issue is possibly the Sofar met the Swedish Standards at the time it was made but the standards have now moved on, like the G83 to G98 move for the UK which was driven by new EU requirements. The Sofar could meet the new standard but if the Inverter was out of production then they would not apply for a new certification despite meeting it. Why would Sofar go to the expense of a new test on a model they no longer sell. Old Sunny Boys are the same, they meet G98 but only have a G83 cert so cannot be used on new installations in the UK.

You may also look at the firmware version, and if it old, upgrade it. You could benefit from an updated setup for Sweden.
However this won't answer the question related to the detailed values for each threshold. (In last resort, you could retrieve them by reading from the inverter's memory through Modbus/RS485.

If needed, I can share the firmware v3.00 and v3.30 for this series. At some point Sofar was collaborating, I got these from them directly and upgraded sucessfully two inverters.

Back