diy solar

diy solar

same post inverter burn out

I’d remove the ATS from the equation for testing purpose.

Then clean and retighten all battery, 12v connections.

Then do a load test to verify the batteries actually can hold a decent charge, this may require you to monitor the system for a few hours.

I think it would take somebody knowing more details about your AC load to answer that. If it might help, here's a quick description of how the cheap MSW inverters work. They first upconvert the DC input to about 140 volts DC (for a 120 volt RMS output). The minus side of this 140 volts is tied (hardwired) to the negative battery input. Then at the output frequency, the inverter reverses the polarity of the 140 volt DC on the AC output terminals, creating a 280 volt peak-to-peak waveform. The AC outputs are at zero volts for the mid-step of the MSW waveform. This, each of the two AC output lines is sometimes connected to the DC negative input, and sometimes connected to the positive output of the 140 volt supply. If the DC input is connected to a common or ground wire, connecting either AC output line to common or ground results in the 140 volt DC supply being short-circuited, and the transistors that perform the polarity switching go up in smoke. (I did learn this the hard way). That 140 volt value of the DC supply is nominal. It's unregulated and proportional to the voltage of the inverter's DC input. The RMS output voltage is regulated by changing the pulse width of the PSW waveform. As the battery voltage goes down, the AC peak voltage goes down, and the width of the active part of the waveform increases. If you have something really, really weird going on, maybe the differing peak output voltage and/or pulse width could be related. A longshot I realize. You might not appreciate my opinion, which is to get a decent quality PSW invcerter.
your imput is welcome,i disconnected everything bummed out,my opinion,it can only be the transfer switch,i have a 24v 2000w puresinwave inverter and could make the asjustments but theirs not a chance in hell im hooking it up until i figure this out,very very down at the moment,its just it can work all day switch back and fourth from battery to mains but at some point shit happens,i give up,cheers

Are you referring to me stepping away for a bit?

I am unsure what the problem is.

I don’t understand what back and forth you are referring to. The ATS switch?
It switches from battery to grid and back to battery?

It’s a good sign that your ATS switches seamlessly.

I think 740GLE might be onto something regarding voltages.

I am not sure how several inverters could work and fail the same way.

Sorry, wish I had more.
sorry to bother you but you always chime in,one statement and 2 questions,thanks for helping,ok when i reply to you on this post every body that chimed in do they get notified,did a duplicate post because not sure if the post is being recieved by others so i can recieve the help i need,so back to my problem that i hope is solved.on the ats the cut off was set to 12.2,i adjusted that to 12.6 and it works no errors all day so far

I think it would take somebody knowing more details about your AC load to answer that. If it might help, here's a quick description of how the cheap MSW inverters work. They first upconvert the DC input to about 140 volts DC (for a 120 volt RMS output). The minus side of this 140 volts is tied (hardwired) to the negative battery input. Then at the output frequency, the inverter reverses the polarity of the 140 volt DC on the AC output terminals, creating a 280 volt peak-to-peak waveform. The AC outputs are at zero volts for the mid-step of the MSW waveform. This, each of the two AC output lines is sometimes connected to the DC negative input, and sometimes connected to the positive output of the 140 volt supply. If the DC input is connected to a common or ground wire, connecting either AC output line to common or ground results in the 140 volt DC supply being short-circuited, and the transistors that perform the polarity switching go up in smoke. (I did learn this the hard way). That 140 volt value of the DC supply is nominal. It's unregulated and proportional to the voltage of the inverter's DC input. The RMS output voltage is regulated by changing the pulse width of the PSW waveform. As the battery voltage goes down, the AC peak voltage goes down, and the width of the active part of the waveform increases. If you have something really, really weird going on, maybe the differing peak output voltage and/or pulse width could be related. A longshot I realize. You might not appreciate my opinion, which is to get a decent quality PSW invcerter.
sooooo just letting you know its working great,on the ats i set the cut off from 12.2 to 12.6 and it works dont know why,those 2 1000w inverters i fried,had a closer look the fuses are all fine in both,but no joy,ok thanks for the help

Back