diy solar

diy solar

Santan solar deal

I don't know.

I'm just a snob. For whatever I already have. Be it SMA or StatPower, Fluke or Harbor Freight.
And of course Pete's coffee.
Was just teasing due to that quarantined pallet in the other thread

The question for me is whether it is worth getting SunPower, REC, QCell used, for the same $/W as new panels of other brands like Gstar, NE Solar sold by Inxeption.

Those are more apples to apples in terms of efficiency (wattage per unit area), so more a question of quality and degradation rate.
I have 18 used 315W Q Cells on my roofs, 9S and 9W. They have to be at least 5 years old probably closer to 10; I have 0 doubts they would perform to rated capacity if angled appropriately.
I have 14 370W NE solar ground mounted and angled appropriately, I've seen them exceed rated power on numerous occasions for a sustained period. I was doubting the data from my "tier 2" AIO so much that I bought a Victron 100/20 and added 2 more NE solar in series aimed slightly SW, they've also exceeded rated capacity multiple times.

Edit to add the Q Cells seem to perform better in cloudy weather but I've attributed that to the shallower angle instead of a better low light efficiency.

The question for me is whether it is worth getting SunPower, REC, QCell used, for the same $/W as new panels of other brands like Gstar, NE Solar sold by Inxeption.

Those are more apples to apples in terms of efficiency (wattage per unit area), so more a question of quality and degradation rate.
These seem like a great deal for 410w. Im partial to panels with a low VOC, these are 37.xx. I can comfortably use 3 per string with a 150v CC.

You can get new 21-22% efficiency panels like Longi , Jinko, etc from China for $0.10W. With shipping ~$0.20W

Back