diy solar

diy solar

Schneider 6848 XW+ Battery Settings Incorrect?

MySolar818

Hey guys can someone help me verify the settings I should have in my conext scp for the capacity, the guy that helped me is MIA.
It currently reads 440ah and each battery says its 230ah x 24 should my capacity BE SET TO 5520AH?

1. 15X CANADIAN SOLAR MAXPOWER CS6X-320P 320W POLY SOLAR PANELS
  2. 2 X MPTT Conext mptt 80 600 charge controllers
  3. 24 X SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra BCI Group GC2 6V 230AH Flooded Deep Cycle Golf Cart https://www.batteriesplus.com/product-details/golf-~-scrubber/battery/duracell-ultra/sligc115
UntitledConext.png

From memory the capacity setting does nothing. Maybe changes the SOC graph in the insight portal, which you don't have access to without a gateway of some sort. Go ahead and change the capacity setting if it bothers you.

The 6 volt batteries are wired in series (of 8), where the amps remain constant and voltage increases. So, you have 3 * 230 Ah for your capacity.

Hey 400Bird thanks so much for replying man Ive been researching for hours..
I have 24 of them wired, is there a setting to confirm they arent being overcharged or undercharged?
Thanks in advance! isn't 440 ah the default also?

I'm not a lead acid pro, in fact I avoid them as of they were full of lead and acid!

The charger settings are in tht MPPT charge controllers. If recommend pulling the data sheet from the battery manufacturer and copying those onto the settings.

If you charge from the grid or a generator, you'll need to check the charge setting in the XW also.

Thanks in advance! isn't 440 ah the default also?
Yes it is, it could be the installer knew it wasn't an important setting and left it alone.

690Ah would be the right capacity setting for your battery bank. As was mentioned however, the XW+ doesn't do any State of Charge based function regulation, so this number is just representational.
You might want to add a Schneider Battery Monitor https://solar.se.com/us/en/product/conext-battery-monitor/ inline with your batteries. It will meter power flow in and out to intelligently present a pretty accurate State of Charge expressed in percentage. The battery monitor does need an accurate Amp-hour capacity configuration to make those calculations. It even has configurable efficiency and self-discharge losses to tune the accuracy. Then, you can add an Insight Home (Firmware v1.14) to log, graph, and show you where all the power is flowing to and from.

Back