diy solar

diy solar

Seplos Battery install to existing Inverter UK

billythetipdog

Hi all, hope this might be the right place for my query. Bit of blue sky thinking here, please go easy on me. I already have 10kwh of pv, solar edge ac inverter and Tesla PW2

Id like more storage as now have a power hungry heat pump and one of the Seplos kits for additional storage looks great value, so far there’s a couple of things I need to get my head around;

1) surely this isn’t a straightforward ‘plug and process’ to get an installer to hook up the battery to the inverter once it’s been built, can I check how others found a tame installer, I’m guessing via checkatrade etc?

2) one of my concerns is that a new battery install will interrupt the ‘current harmony’ ( see what I did there?) on my system, for example with a Seplos added could the two batteries be charged from say solar, without conflicts albeit not necessarily at the same time?

3) what control do Seplos users get over say battery discharge? I know there won’t be Tesla-esque controls over charge/discharge times, but intrigued to check if some kind of scheduling/prioritising for charge and discharge is possible?

4) am I crazy and shall I just give Mr Musk more of more hard earned or is what I’m looking for viable?

many thanks in advance for any wisdom shared

Bill

Hi all, hope this might be the right place for my query. Bit of blue sky thinking here, please go easy on me. I already have 10kwh of pv, solar edge ac inverter and Tesla PW2

Id like more storage as now have a power hungry heat pump and one of the Seplos kits for additional storage looks great value, so far there’s a couple of things I need to get my head around;

1) surely this isn’t a straightforward ‘plug and process’ to get an installer to hook up the battery to the inverter once it’s been built, can I check how others found a tame installer, I’m guessing via checkatrade etc?

2) one of my concerns is that a new battery install will interrupt the ‘current harmony’ ( see what I did there?) on my system, for example with a Seplos added could the two batteries be charged from say solar, without conflicts albeit not necessarily at the same time?

3) what control do Seplos users get over say battery discharge? I know there won’t be Tesla-esque controls over charge/discharge times, but intrigued to check if some kind of scheduling/prioritising for charge and discharge is possible?

4) am I crazy and shall I just give Mr Musk more of more hard earned or is what I’m looking for viable?

many thanks in advance for any wisdom shared

Bill
Bill I am not aware of Seplos making an AC coupled battery I assume you are talking about connecting to an inverter or charge controller. Seplos is a DC battery and to my knowledge the US 10kw solar edge has no battery input but is designed as a grid tie to feed excess energy back to utility. so what are you thinking?

Back