diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS 2.0 vs 3.0?

rhino

Solar Wizard
Does anyone know what the difference is between these two versions? They appear to be selling both at same time and not sure how new the 3.0 is?

Does anyone know what the difference is between these two versions? They appear to be selling both at same time and not sure how new the 3.0 is?
I have asked seplos, however no response yet..

The 2a balancing is indeed notacible, as is the option to have a detached comms panel..

Also specific protocols can be chosen for different inverters, but yet to find a comprehensive list

I think the 3.0 supports more protocols if you wanted to interface with inverters via CAN or RS485.
I don't believe there are more protocols. The biggest feature when it came out was the ability to add an active balancer module. It also didn't require DIP switch settings I believe. But they had many problems. I stick with the V2-10E if possible.

One of the main changes is that the V2 switches the positive and the V3 switches the negative
this change make the board a lot more reliable in the long term

One of the main changes is that the V2 switches the positive and the V3 switches the negative
this change make the board a lot more reliable in the long term
I don't see why this makes it more reliable. You are still switching the same amount of current.

I prefer the positive switching IMO.

diy solar

diy solar
Back