diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS - factory reset? Not able to use BT/PC SW

bugsysiegel

Hi everyone.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Yesterday, I downloaded Battery Monitor windows software ver 2.1.9 from the Seplos website in order to enable Bluetooth function, which I did via the software. I have also enabled couple of other functions in the software, the 2 immediately listed after the Bluetooth, but since then the Battery monitor software is not able to connect to the seplos BMS. Also the Bluetooth is not working as the device name is now BP01 and not BP00, so the software asks you to connect BP00?!

So even though the battery pack/seplos bms is working, I am no longer able to set it up or modify anything, no rs485 ports work anymore with the cable I used.

BTW I have 200A seplos BMS.

Can anyone help me, please? Getting desperate here. Is there a way to do a "factory reset" or something similar on seplos so I can start again?

Any help is greatly appreciated, any advise, I'll try everything. Thank you

Last edited:
I've got the 10E which I've hooked up to my windows PC and just received my Bluetooth display, which I ordered separately. I've not tried to connect through Bluetooth yet, but from the message I got from Seplos support the Bluetooth function is Android only, so is a completely separate software to Battery monitor from my understanding? Have you downloaded the android Bluetooth software and tried to connect with that?

Hi mate, yes, you need the Bluetooth app on your android phone. Apparently, there is one for iPhone as well. And yes, it works well, I have even loaded in my old Kindle HD and it works there. As it is bigger, I use it as a permanent alway-on display to all my solar things. Now it can be used to set parameters as well, so the clunky PC software is not needed.

Cool
Hi mate, yes, you need the Bluetooth app on your android phone. Apparently, there is one for iPhone as well. And yes, it works well, I have even loaded in my old Kindle HD and it works there. As it is bigger, I use it as a permanent alway-on display to all my solar things. Now it can be used to set parameters as well, so the clunky PC software is not needed.
. So you have it working now? I’ve stolen my kids old fire tablets to run the software so will be doing the same

Hi everyone.

Yesterday, I downloaded Battery Monitor windows software ver 2.1.9 from the Seplos website in order to enable Bluetooth function, which I did via the software. I have also enabled couple of other functions in the software, the 2 immediately listed after the Bluetooth, but since then the Battery monitor software is not able to connect to the seplos BMS. Also the Bluetooth is not working as the device name is now BP01 and not BP00, so the software asks you to connect BP00?!

So even though the battery pack/seplos bms is working, I am no longer able to set it up or modify anything, no rs232 ports work anymore with the cable I used.

Can anyone help me, please? Getting desperate here. Is there a way to do a "factory reset" or something similar on seplos so I can start again?

The seplos only has RS485 ports no RS232

Smidorn - that was a typo, yes, 485 port, I have corrected it in my first post now, thanks for noticing.

And yes, all is working now. Took a while to understand the setup, but the Android app, PC software, Solar Assistant, everything works beautifully now. I actually use Solar Assistant only now, got a small RaspberryPI 4 computer hooked up to both bms and mpp, pulling everything out nicely :).

Smidorn - that was a typo, yes, 485 port, I have corrected it in my first post now, thanks for noticing.

And yes, all is working now. Took a while to understand the setup, but the Android app, PC software, Solar Assistant, everything works beautifully now. I actually use Solar Assistant only now, got a small RaspberryPI 4 computer hooked up to both bms and mpp, pulling everything out nicely :).
maybe a good idea to put your "steps to in production" document in the resources section ?

;)

Glad to hear It's all working. I'm going to look at the raspberry pi option for monitoring as I've noticed the bluetooth module on the Seplos has a range of about 30CM :ROFLMAO:

Hello @bugsysiegel,

I am currently struggling with the BT access as well. I have two MASON battery packs. each with 10E BMS and bluetooth display.
Problem is that in the Bluetooth app, both BMS appear as BP01, so two times BP01.
So there is the error message connect to BP00 as well.

How did you sort out your problem?

TIA Herb

Hello @bugsysiegel,

I am currently struggling with the BT access as well. I have two MASON battery packs. each with 10E BMS and bluetooth display.
Problem is that in the Bluetooth app, both BMS appear as BP01, so two times BP01.

TIA Herb
You don't if you are using RS485.

Mine worked for a while too... Till it didn't and locked up. They are nice if they are working... But something so mission critical to proper operations can't have these kinds of issues.

Personally, I am going to put my Daly BMS into these cases. I really like the cases, but the BMS is a total piece of garbage.

Smidorn - das war ein Tippfehler, ja, 485-Port, ich habe es jetzt in meinem ersten Post korrigiert, danke für den Hinweis.

Und ja, jetzt funktioniert alles. Es hat eine Weile gedauert, die Einrichtung zu verstehen, aber die Android-App, die PC-Software, der Solar Assistant, alles funktioniert jetzt wunderbar. Ich benutze Solar Assistant eigentlich erst jetzt, habe einen kleinen RaspberryPI 4-Computer, der sowohl an bms als auch an mpp angeschlossen ist und alles gut herauszieht :).
Guten Abend mein Freund, ich habe derzeit die gleichen Probleme wie du. Kannst du bitte wenigstens die Einstellungen aller Regler hier posten. Am liebsten natürlich als Screenshot. Vielen Dank im Voraus!!!

Hi everyone.

So even though the battery pack/seplos bms is working, I am no longer able to set it up or modify anything, no rs485 ports work anymore with the cable I used.

Are all the dip switches off? Supposedly bluetooth does not connect unless all off.

Hello @bugsysiegel,

TIA Herb
Did you manage to reset it I also had same problem please help

Hi everyone.

Hi bugsysiegel, did the same than you and now I am a little bit desperate and maybe you can help me.

I have 3 seplos BMS running in parallel.

They are running since 3 month. I did my settings all with bluetooth on the voltage and current criteria and did the dip switch for 3 packs. Connected to a Victron Cerbo GX System running a Victron Multiplus II system with 15kwp

2 Weeks ago I got a Alarm on the Cerbo with: Batterie Monitor - Internal failure warning. System seems to run normal but it reports only one of my three 280Ah packs. As well also the charge and discharge voltage limits where set to only 1 third than before. So seems like the connection to the other packs broke down or a other problem. If I checked the BMS with the Bluetooth app I see all three connected and no errors in the app. So I deep in that and find some mistakes I made.

Than I find somewhere that the dip switches are not necessary to set on the 10e version as there should be an automatic setting. I went into the app and set the switch -automatic address coding- to on and at the same time I set -parallel external polling- to on - on all tree BMS. AND THAT WAS A BIG Mistake. From now on the connection did not work anymore. App cant find any BMS. So I tried to connect via cable with the Batterie monitor software but also here I get the message connecting.... time out. Did not try the cable connection before but it seems I did all right (19200).
Also I cant shut down the BMS with the switch - it do not react.
What can I do now to reactivate or even set the factory settings back to the system?
The BMS seems still to work for charging and discharging I see the LED normal working and the display shows me also the information of Voltage and Current and SOC in the normal way - and no errors. But I got also no communication via CAN to my Victron.

Please let me know what you have done that yours worked again after you set the two switches in Bluetooth app.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Vienna - Austria.

Does anybody know of an app for iOS? I can’t seem to connect via pc and only have Bluetooth via iPhone.

Back