diy solar

diy solar

SEPLOS BMS - Maximum supported capacity

BrunoAlves

Hi all.

I recently assembled a big 16s3p pack using 280Ah EVE LifePo4 cells, which translates to ~~40kWh, 840Ah.
I'm using a single 200A SEPLOS BMS, not sure which version it is (but it's not V3 and it does have bluetooth). I had great success with this BMS before and the communication with the inverters has worked out just fine. The PC software totally sucks, but it can't all be great, I guess :)

Anyway, regarding this big pack, I just noticed that the maximum supported capacity is 655Ah. When trying to set a bigger value in the software it returns an error. I already checked with Seplos and they confirmed this hard limitation.
As far as I could check, it works fine despite this limitation, only the SOC is miscalculated. There is a secondary issue, though. Because the inverter (Growatt) knows the SOC, it reacts to the maximum/minimum SOC which is reported incorrectly.

Just a heads up, in case someone comes up with a similar setup.

Hi all.

I recently assembled a big 16s3p pack using 280Ah EVE LifePo4 cells, which translates to ~~40kWh, 840Ah.
I'm using a single 200A SEPLOS BMS, not sure which version it is (but it's not V3 and it does have bluetooth). I had great success with this BMS before and the communication with the inverters has worked out just fine. The PC software totally sucks, but it can't all be great, I guess :)

Anyway, regarding this big pack, I just noticed that the maximum supported capacity is 655Ah. When trying to set a bigger value in the software it returns an error. I already checked with Seplos and they confirmed this hard limitation.
As far as I could check, it works fine despite this limitation, only the SOC is miscalculated. There is a secondary issue, though. Because the inverter (Growatt) knows the SOC, it reacts to the maximum/minimum SOC which is reported incorrectly.

Just a heads up, in case someone comes up with a similar setup.
I like a seperate BMS for each 16S string, and then let the BMS's communicate together in parallel. It sounds like you have the E version with Bluetooth front panel, which does both CAN and RS485 comms.

Back