diy solar

diy solar

Seplos bms MOSFETs.

Starman

Need to replace a couple of blown MOSFETs in my seplos BMS. Struggling to find the correct replacements in the UK. They are CRSS042N10N but only seem to find links in china or the US. Anyone UK based used these mosfets or are there any equivalent that are equal or better. Cheers

I don't have a Seplos and haven't used those specific MOSFETs, but a quick search shows these may be equivalent or at least close enough...

They're also 100V / 120A with Rds of 4.2mOhm, so looks a good match to me. Vgs is also +/- 20V. And it's in a TO-263 format. And they have over 20,000 in stock :)

How many parallel MOSFETS are in the Seplos for either charge or discharge? I'd be inclined to replace all of them in whichever direction has blown, otherwise if the Rds is different between the two types (despite their spec both being 4.2mOhm), you would get uneven current flow across the devices.

Do you know why they blew in the first place? Might be worth investigating.

Please note, I haven't done a fine tooth-comb cross reference of all the specs, so caveat emptor and all that. All depends how soon you need to get it up and running I guess.

I don't have a Seplos and haven't used those specific MOSFETs, but a quick search shows these may be equivalent or at least close enough...

They're also 100V / 120A with Rds of 4.2mOhm, so looks a good match to me. Vgs is also +/- 20V. And it's in a TO-263 format. And they have over 20,000 in stock :)

How many parallel MOSFETS are in the Seplos for either charge or discharge? I'd be inclined to replace all of them in whichever direction has blown, otherwise if the Rds is different between the two types (despite their spec both being 4.2mOhm), you would get uneven current flow across the devices.

Do you know why they blew in the first place? Might be worth investigating.

Please note, I haven't done a fine tooth-comb cross reference of all the specs, so caveat emptor and all that. All depends how soon you need to get it up and running I guess.
Thank you for your help. I not 100% sure the MOSFETs have gone but what happened was that I accidentally touched the board whilst it was turned on with a screwdriver in the area of where the MOSFETs are there was a huge spark and the BMS wouldn't turn on after. I decided to see if any of the MOSFETs were faulty and 2 of them are are ground on both the pins so I presumed they are faulty and have blown. So I was hoping changing them would fix the problem. Not really got a lot else to go on.

If you have the skills / knowledge and equipment you could de-solder the MOSFETS and test them on their own. It wouldn't surprise me if the driving circuitry is damaged - but fingers crossed it's just the MOSFETs ?

If you have the skills / knowledge and equipment you could de-solder the MOSFETS and test them on their own. It wouldn't surprise me if the driving circuitry is damaged - but fingers crossed it's just the MOSFETs ?
I was just going to desolder the MOSFETs and solder the new ones in and will try it. If it works then great if not then only cost me a few quid for the replacements . I have been using a jk BMS as a spare so no biggie if it doesn't work. Just like to have a tinker with things and gives a sense of satisfaction if I can fix something.

Just like to have a tinker with things and gives a sense of satisfaction if I can fix something.
Me too (y) do keep us updated. It would be good to know if those alternative MOSFETs work (for others that is, not me as I don't have a Seplos).

Back