diy solar

diy solar

Seplos Slow Battery Drain

Tulex

Solar Wizard
Pretty sure I read discussion about this, but not finding the thread.

I have 2 DIY batteries with Seplos 200A V2 BMS, closed loop. I'm seeing about 200 watts of drain when not in sell mode. I never really noticed this at first because they were always charging back up, but now with some really bad solar days, it's more obvious. Sol-Ark said it could be the BMS consuming the power, but why does it show as draw on my Sol-Ark?

Sol-Ark said it could be the BMS consuming the power
Unlikely, IMHO. If each BMS was drawing 100W they would be getting pretty hot. And they would drain the batteries quickly if left idle.

Sounds more like powering the inverter, maybe? Though my Solis only draws 30W idle.

Suggest you first disconnect inverter from house load and measure what battery drain is; then repeat having disconnected batteries from inverter. That should indicate where the power is going.

Pretty sure I read discussion about this, but not finding the thread.

I have 2 DIY batteries with Seplos 200A V2 BMS, closed loop. I'm seeing about 200 watts of drain when not in sell mode. I never really noticed this at first because they were always charging back up, but now with some really bad solar days, it's more obvious. Sol-Ark said it could be the BMS consuming the power, but why does it show as draw on my Sol-Ark?
that is your sol-ark, and it varies with the firmware you re running ( newer seems to consume more)
seplos bms barely uses any power...
tested the same thing on my sunsynks , and put a measuring device on it

Back