diy solar

diy solar

Setting the parameter settings on a LV2424

Mjr

I'm setting the parameter settings on a MPP LV2424. Most of the settings I have figured out. There is one that seems a little confusing to me. The setting is parameter #21. "Battery stop charging voltage when grid is available" The default setting is 24. I do not understand why it would be so low. I changed this setting to 27. Any thoughts? I am using a lithium battery.

I'm setting the parameter settings on a MPP LV2424. Most of the settings I have figured out. There is one that seems a little confusing to me. The setting is parameter #21. "Battery stop charging voltage when grid is available" The default setting is 24. I do not understand why it would be so low. I changed this setting to 27. Any thoughts? I am using a lithium battery.
Test it out
Set it to 26.5 and see if ac charging stops at 26.5.
If it does then you can be fairly confident you understand what the parameter does and set it to your preferred value.

Re: LV2424 setting. I have three LV2424s networked together (soon to be four units) for 240vac split phase output in California. Along with printing out parts of the pdf manual, studying the config options, and writing notes on my printout, then testing my configurations to see how they be have; ... I just figured this out: (See attached picture of note I posted on one of my LV2424 for quick reference) : These have recently become my favorite settings for using my grid backup option: If I set #1 to Sbu , ... and #5 to Lbu and #10 to CSO ... then #20 and #21 function at night (needs no solar input to work); and the grid charger kicks in at approx low voltage set at #20, and then charges battery up to voltage set at #21. Right now, have this set to start the charge when or if my battery bank gets down to 24volts, and then just charge up to 26 volt, then stop (Solar Charge will take over next day). That setting keeps my battery from getting too low, or near BMS cut off, or near 22.5 low volt cut off set in my LV2424s.

I enjoyed just figuring out these settings. If I change the #1 setting to "SUb", that starts my grid charger up when Solar IN is OFF (via night or switched off), ... and that charge cycle goes by the settings you set up in #17 Bulk Charge Voltage. and #18 for Float Charge Voltage. ... One other lesson I learned (via doing and look see) for configuration changes when you have more than on unit networked together, some settings set at one unit cover change to all units, on the battery charge voltages; but the "Amp" settings #11 for Max amp charging of Solar + Grid, and then #13 for Max amps of Grid charge; those configure separately at each unit (and add up and combine together for max amps going to your battery). Hope that helps. ...Took some time and notes for me to better understand these options. I like these options.

Added 9.2022 Note: I now have 3 sets of EVE 24v x 280 Ah Battery Banks connected to 3 Chargery BMS8Ts, and Four LV2424. To keep my older batteries from triggering peaking too much, setting off my BMS max max cell volt diff (now set at 180 mV); I have now set my LV2424s Bulk Charge Voltage to 27.8 volts, and Float Charge Voltage to 27.3 volts (which get 27.2 volts at battery. ... That seems to work on automatic now, without BMS trigger events I prefer not to hear or have.

Attachments

• LV2424.Settings [800x600].jpg
    LV2424.Settings [800x600].jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back