diy solar

diy solar

Settings for Renogy Rover 60A and Overkill Solar BMS for 302 ah CATL 4s battery pack

The figures that I get from my Renogy 60 amp CC is
ChagStage BST
BatVol 14.0
PvVolt 87.1 (dynamic)
ChagCrt 7.84 (dynamic)
LoadState OFF
LoadCrt 0A
BatSoc 10%
DevTemp 42 C
ChagPower 118 w (dynamic)
LoadPower 0w
Min.BatVolt 13.2 V
Max.BatVolt 14.0 v
Fault Null
BatSuysVol 12V
BatType Li
Capacity 305
Address 16

There are some figures that I cannot change.
OverVoltage 16.0 V
ShgLimitVolt 15.1 V
Eq;uChgVol 14.0 V
BstChgVolt 14.0 V
FltChgVol 14.0 V
BstChgev 12.8 V
LowVoltRev 11.5 V (this is changeable)
UndVolWrn 11.8

The wire from the Pv's coming in is at around 100 volts and 10 amps, so it uses 10 gauge.
The wire from CC to battery I think is 1/0, same for battery to inverter. Those 2 wires are about 2 feet long.
I believe that all of my connections are clean, good quality, and tight.

"When the Rover is reporting > 500W, what voltage does it report? At the same time, what voltage does the BMS report?"
I can't do this measurement right now, I'm starting to get shade on a panel, and my battery is charged so highly IMO that the CC doesn't see the need to charge, when I turn on the things that would lower the battery (compresser, 2 exhaust fans and AC refrigerater which is set to propane) it is like 2 watts

All help gratefully accepted, even criticism (like the disordered wiring-I have some bus bars coming that should clean everything up a little)

Use the Renogy BT app to program the Renogy Rover as it will allow all parameters to be programmed.

A suggestion would be to click the link below and read this message and then read the entire thread. There is significant information on programming the Renogy Rover MPPT solar charge controller along with links to the Renogy BT app . My system uses the Renogy Rover 40 amp and 100 amp and they both work well. I will admit it took a while to find the the proper parameters for my system, but it performs very good now and has for several years.

Another suggested app to program the Rover is the SRNE utilities which is discussed near the end of this thread.

Agree with mike that no fusing protecting can be observed in the photos which is a ticking time bomb so to speak. Fusing is also listed in this thread.

I also don't see 4 individual cells in the photos?

Hope it helps...

The figures that I get from my Renogy 60 amp CC is
ChagStage BST
BatVol 14.0
PvVolt 87.1 (dynamic)
ChagCrt 7.84 (dynamic)
LoadState OFF
LoadCrt 0A
BatSoc 10%
DevTemp 42 C
ChagPower 118 w (dynamic)
LoadPower 0w
Min.BatVolt 13.2 V
Max.BatVolt 14.0 v
Fault Null
BatSuysVol 12V
BatType Li
Capacity 305
Address 16

There are some figures that I cannot change.
OverVoltage 16.0 V
ShgLimitVolt 15.1 V
Eq;uChgVol 14.0 V
BstChgVolt 14.0 V
FltChgVol 14.0 V
BstChgev 12.8 V
LowVoltRev 11.5 V (this is changeable)
UndVolWrn 11.8

The wire from the Pv's coming in is at around 100 volts and 10 amps, so it uses 10 gauge.
The wire from CC to battery I think is 1/0, same for battery to inverter. Those 2 wires are about 2 feet long.
I believe that all of my connections are clean, good quality, and tight.

"When the Rover is reporting > 500W, what voltage does it report? At the same time, what voltage does the BMS report?"
I can't do this measurement right now, I'm starting to get shade on a panel, and my battery is charged so highly IMO that the CC doesn't see the need to charge, when I turn on the things that would lower the battery (compresser, 2 exhaust fans and AC refrigerater which is set to propane) it is like 2 watts

All help gratefully accepted, even criticism (like the disordered wiring-I have some bus bars coming that should clean everything up a little)
If you change Bat Type to user (maybe abbreviated use), you will be able to change those settings.

Back