diy solar

diy solar

Settings for Sol-Ark 8k to accomplish priority - load -> battery -> grid sell

rvdbijl

Has anyone figured out how to do this with a Sol-Ark (8k in my case):

PV power should go to Load first, then when that's satisfied, the remainder should go to the batteries (until they reach 100%) and when that's satisfied, whatever remains should go to the grid. Oh, and this should all work in TOU mode as well (at night I want it to wait a while until satisfying the load from the house with the batteries).
By turning on Grid Sell, with the current TOU set to 100% battery and PV producing more than the load (battery is at 80%), it shunts everything to the grid and the battery stops charging (with the Sell checkmark on). If I turn off the checkmark by "Sell" in the TOU entry, it splits the PV overage between grid sell and battery. What I want is none to the grid until the battery is at 100%. So close, but not quite there.
I haven't found a combination of settings that will allow me to do that... Before I call Sol-Ark, any suggestions?

Update -- Just figured it out... Had to turn off the sell checkmark in TOU, change it to battery first and then turn on Grid Sell. (Duh..)

Last edited:
Thanks for your post. I’m struggling to setup the parameters for my battery discharge. Could you show me screen shots of how you set this up?

My batteries don’t provide load to the house unless our grid power goes out. I’m not sure where to fix this, but I’d also like to replicate your setup for how the energy usage is organized. Thank you for any help!

Back