diy solar

diy solar

Shenzen EFire BMS, anyone?

maharzan

I just saw this bms at alibaba which says continuous discharge and charge at 200A and peak about 2 times so 400A. It doesnt seem to have a name but the shenzen efire company name itself. I think because it has a relay design it might be better than ant bms or jk bms for high current. Has anyone tried this yet? I doubt the chinese ratings but that looks like a better option at this point..

I saw this too earlier. Please let me know how it will work in your 48v system. If possible please test high current as well. Thanks.

Hello @maharzan: Have you received your 48v JBD 200A BMS yet?
Did you buy direct from JBD? I'm in US and searching to see if I can get quicker than a slow boat....

I've installed my two JBD-AP20S004 ON MY 48 volt system and all is working good so far. It's been almost 2 weeks now. The most amps in were 72 amps charging on each and about 50 amps discharge. No heat from the relay, 4 guage wire gets warm to the touch that connects to the load side.

And yes they say not to parallel BMS due to Relays, But I tried it and it is working for my system, and I will be installing another one once my new cells comes in.

I've ordered these bms from JBD and received them in about 16 days.

Thank you Denis - this is good to know.
Are you doing solar in your application?

My application is simple I think - just backup power via 4400W Magnum inverter via 16s 280Ah (48v) setup.
I'm interested in setting up a charging profile that's hardly used, but counted when it's needed - so long-life batteries.

Thank you Denis - this is good to know.
Are you doing solar in your application?

My application is simple I think - just backup power via 4400W Magnum inverter via 16s 280Ah (48v) setup.
I'm interested in setting up a charging profile that's hardly used, but counted when it's needed - so long-life batteries.
I also started with a ms4448pae magnum inverter, and PT-100 charge controller and magnum mini panel, with 3200 watts solar array and 8 Rolls S550. Last year I added 32 * 280ah lifepo4 cells, and removed the S550. Then I doubled up the inverter, controler plus more panels. And now, I'm offgridd mostly for all summer long. I will be using grid for November,December or whenever I need.

I now have over 8kwh array, and 8,800 watts available anytime.

Sounds like you're cruising down solar-set highway - and I'm about to get my first car ;-)

Do you have the Web kit - if so, are you satisfied?

Sounds like you're cruising down solar-set highway - and I'm about to get my first car ;-)

Do you have the Web kit - if so, are you satisfied?
Yes I have the Web kit, l like it I'm checking how the system is doing all the time, if it gets to cloudy for too long then I check, and I can remove loads or vise versa if it's really sunny. It's a must have it, to know how much production you are getting. You don't want to drain the batteries most of the time.

I have a setup that I can control most of the extra loads by Internet, simply by smart plugs, thermostat, ac, mini splits,.

Sounds like you're working your way back to the pay-off!
My thought is maybe there's an upgrade down the road - to connect some solar.
For now, it's what I call active Sump Pump backup, then passive (manual) house backup.
I'm thinking solar is within reach having the PS4448PAE (i miss quoted above) and16S of the LiFeO4.

I assume you doubled up on the Magnums now (4.4k + 4.48)? Did you DIY the install ?

Yes it's all diy, when I purchased the house 10 years ago, the owner had the manual transfer switch panel with the critical loads already in place for the generator. I didn't have the generator so I installed the magnum inverter in its place.
Also I hope you have the ME-ARC. Advanced Remote Control, so you can control all the settings. I have mine on VDC pretty well all the time, but if you put it on auto connect, it will go to batteries automatically in case of power outage.

I had mine set up to charge my lifepo4 cells at 56.8 volts for some time and I monitored the results, then dropped to 56.2, then 55.8, now I'm at 55.2 volt, and end amps at 10. Very pleased with this setting.
Float is set at 54 volts.

And the LVD is set at 50.2 v, then if this voltage was reached, the inverter would automatically connect to grid and charge my batteries back up to 52 volts at a rate of 5 amps only by the morning sun the charge controller would fully charge the batteries.

I operated this way for one year without the BMS, very successfully, but now that I found a BMS that is seems well built and not too expensive and also because that I don't have grid anymore to auto connect, I really needed a BMS.

I just hope this helps you out and not confuse anyone, just saying the inverter setup is what was protecting my cell before, but without a power backup to it ( grid or generator) the system needs a BMS FOR YOUR CELLS PROTECTION.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm ordering I think exactly what you have !!!!
MS-PAE4448 Inverter + backplate + ME-ARC + Web kit + BMS.

BTW, did you know that the JBD BMS is same company I believe Overkill Solar uses.

Yes, I'm ordering I think exactly what you have !!!!
MS-PAE4448 Inverter + backplate + ME-ARC + Web kit + BMS.

BTW, did you know that the JBD BMS is same company I believe Overkill Solar uses.
Great choice, just a word of advice, if you intend to upgrade later the magnum mini panel is only good for 1 inverter, but you can get the one that is used for 2 inverter, it's a little more $ but worth it. I got caught with this.

The same applies to the remote control ME-ARC, if you intend to parallel inverter and stack controller you need the ME- ARTR router, again maybe 150$ more but you will save more later. I got caught on this one also.

You have not mentioned the PT-100 charge controller, this controller is also a must have it as it will be synchronised with the inverter setup, it's also good for 100 amps which is 6600 watts of solar array. I set mine to 95amps max.

Also all of this works really well with the Web monitor. Yes it is read only, you cannot write adjustment.

Yes I am aware of overkill BMS, but I don't know if they have the new BMS with the relay. I really like these, easy to set and Bluetooth reaches like 25-30ft, even from the basement to outside at patio door.

I'm amazed you have both the Inverter and the BMS I've looking at buying in next 24 hrs if I can sit still long enough.
While it's no uncommon amongst a large forum I guess, I think it's uncommon as the Magnum and JBD+Relay are much less - I think.

What state do you live in? I'm in Michigan, and understand power rates are getting ready to go up...

I'm amazed you have both the Inverter and the BMS I've looking at buying in next 24 hrs if I can sit still long enough.
While it's no uncommon amongst a large forum I guess, I think it's uncommon as the Magnum and JBD+Relay are much less - I think.

What state do you live in? I'm in Michigan, and understand power rates are getting ready to go up...
Magnum inverters are very dependable low frequency,huge transformer, they take the load very well, I have it since 5.5 years now and never a problem.
I'm in Ontario close to Ottawa,Canada.
I've noticed that the JBD BMS, are manufactured using imported chips from Japan, and this also helped me make a decision on getting this one.
I had the JK BMS 2 amp active bms when I first started, and they both quit on me after 16 hours, after this I did not want another fet base bms. Some calls them the Heltec, but Heltec is not the manufacturers for them.

My confidence is growing - all I need now is some personal experience and I think that will make me a believer.

Thanks neighbor ✋

I've just ordered 2 of each of these. Order from jiabiada = JBD-AP20S004 AND JBD-AP20S003S,

2 for 24 volt system and 2 for 48 volt system. 600a peek

Check out this product on Alibaba App jiabaida bms 7-20S 200A smart bms for litnium ion battery pack wireless and forced equalizztion
https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600152359102/jiabaida-bms-7-20S-200A-smart.html?__sceneInfo={"type":"appDetailShare","data":{"filterKey":"7.8.2_share","cacheTime":"1800000"}}View attachment 41697
@Dennis 1 , they said, 003S is the latest version with 300A continuous, is that right? 004 should be latest from numbering... what are your views?

I received a ...004 back in July. I won’t have it running for a couple of months.

Edit 4/16/22: Running 10 batteries, 132kWh totally off grid for 6 weeks. This 004 with bt and the contactor works great. Current consumption with BT on is about 0.040A, so 2-3X my other BMS's.

Last edited:
Yes I am aware of overkill BMS, but I don't know if they have the new BMS with the relay.
@Denis what is the relay all about? Can this be used to control a heater?

I'm new to solar and considering the Magnum MS448PAE, PT-100, ME-ARTR, ME-AGS-N. Thinking I will start with 16x280ah EVE cells and a JBD-16s 48v 200A BMS (AP203003S). It comes with relay!

Last edited:
Back