diy solar

diy solar

Simple MT 50 query

robstrom

SOK 206, Epever 4215BN.
Mt50 has display for solar in/ battery and load in volts and amps.
Solar side isn't live yet, but even with load applied amp readout stays at zero.
Icon shows a load.
Normal?

There are three sets of values on the main screen:

* solar Volts/Amps - incoming into PANEL terminals (neither volts nor amps applicable when panels are not present)
* battery V/A - outgoing from BATT terminals (amps not applicable when panels are not present)
* load V/A - outgoing LOAD terminals (amps not applicable unless loads are run off the LOAD terminals)

The load icon (light bulb with marks around it) means the LOAD terminals are powered, not that there is anything attached to those terminals receiving the power.

even with load applied amp readout stays at zero.
Which amp readout were you expecting to see a change in?

=== edited to add ===
Note: counterintuitively loads are typically not attached to the LOAD terminals; they are attached to the battery (or a bus).

The charge controller can only know about power that flows through it: from the panels, to the the battery bank, or to the LOAD output.

Tracer- and MT50-related quirks.

Last edited:
Ahh, thanks.
When I said load applied I meant the lights etc powered up.
I'm not using the load terminals on the charge controller.
You won't see any load measurement on the charge controller if you don't use the controller load outputs (I think a current shunt and a separate battery monitor is the best way to measure the load anyway tbh....just size it to your amperge though)

Back