diy solar

diy solar

SMA Island 8.0H-13 and SB6.0 FSCP setting

tjarb

Hi all,

I've currently installed an single phase system with an Island 8.0H-13 battery inverter, two SB6.0-1AV-41 solar inverters, Datamanager M, and 40kWh LiFePo installed according to "SMA FLEXIBLE STORAGE SYSTEM with Battery-Backup Function"

1717678448743.png

Now I need to configure the system to use Frequency Shifted Power Control (FSPC) as described in "Use of PV Inverters in Off-Grid and Backup Systems", using the "start", "limit" and "Delta" frequency settings.
1717678954414.png

Thing is, there aren't there anymore!
According to the parameter documentation document, they seem to be called now " Buckling" frequencies.
1717678999254.png
Does anyone know how to configure this?

Best regards,

I looked at the -41 instructions and Off Grid 50 and Off Grid 60 are there as Grid country types, but when looking at the SMA Modbus register listings they are missing from the list of Grid Countries. Try going into the inverters via Speedwire/LAN network and Sunny Explorer and as long as you have a Grid Guard code then the Grid country selection should have Off Grid 50 available. I don't have a -41 so can't try but it works on -30's.

Off Grid 50 has the FSPC enabled to match the SI profile, well at least it does on the -30.

To get a Grid Code first find some UK company details on the Companies House website, best pick a non solar firm but with electrical connections.

Then go to the SMA website

and register as an installer using the UK companies details and use an email address you have access to.

Once registered sign on and then click on self help and select grid guard code, if it asks if you are qualified answer yes. A grid code will then be displayed.

The PDF is only the the US market, never seen the Euro version but that would the one to find to see if the Euro -41 is listed as compatible.

register at ennexos from sunnyportal and add the inverters into the system, them use system paramaters to change the settings...u dont need grid guard key :)

Hi Tanks, I have the Grid code.

As I read correctly: I'm using Flex-storage in a grid connected application, with a battery backup functionality. Therefor it must comply with the local grid standard (EN50549-1:2018). In addition to the local grid compliance the PV generators must be configured to meet the Islands Frequency Shift Power Control (power as function of frequency). I am not allowed to use the "OFF GRID xx" standards. I am allowed to change the frequency-dependent power limitation.

1717682436129.png

I found some documentation, but it;s not very clear to me (and parameter names are not 1:1)

Best regards

The SMA descriptions of the parameters differ between the Data Manager and the Modbus resister map. It takes some interpretation to get the matching parameter name in DM and the Modbus map.

I have attached a link to the -41 Modbus register maps for firmware greater or equal to 2018, open in a browser.

There is one for earlier eg less than 2018 on the SMA site.

On the Netherlands grid code the reduction start frequency is 50.2htz, this needs to be changed to 51.0htz

End frequency is 52.7htz, this needs changing to 52.0htz

It may be easier doing it on the Inverters rather than the Data Manager.

Hi @kommando ,

Sou you suggest it to set to:
I doubt at the parameters HzOvStop and HzUnStop

1718029121845.png

And I shall also have to change the Grid guard Frequency monitoring limits (MaxTmms 52Hz)?

1718031288104.png

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back