diy solar

diy solar

Small house with appliances.

Solar123

so I have been watching all your videos and I have a few questions. I currently have 2 solar panels. Ones 320 and the other 250 watts. I live in Mexico and want to slowly begin growing my solar equipment. I was looking at your “The classic RV 400 watt” blueprint. Would it be okay to buy an upgrading inverter just in case I want to grow bigger later?

Not sure what you mean by "an upgrading inverter". If you mean, can you buy a larger inverter than you currently need with the intention of taking advantage of it later, yes.

The thing to look for is the amount of power the inverter uses while idle, no load. You'll find that it's not much different as you go larger, but you need to make sure you account for the idle power usage in your calculations.

Yes that’s what I meant. So what’s probably my best option? I was even looking at the solar power system (all in one) to save money and hassle. What would you recommend I just star te d and I just want to run some lights and a refrigerator.

Yes that’s what I meant. So what’s probably my best option? I was even looking at the solar power system (all in one) to save money and hassle. What would you recommend I just star te d and I just want to run some lights and a refrigerator.

We will need to know the watts consumed by your light and refrigerator, and how many hours a day you intend to run the lights.

As an example, I have a 400 watt inverter. It's idle amps is .40 an hour. My 2000 watt inverter uses just over 2 amps at idle an hour. The big inverter has a remote on-off switch. It serves the microwave and drip coffee maker. It stays off, Unless needed.

Back