diy solar

diy solar

SOC inconsistent and not close to each battery

medic149

Cabin In The Woods
I finally got my EG4-LL v2 battery installed on my system and it seems to be working well. However, now my SOC's are extremely different across all 3 batteries.

Here is a screen shot from Solar Assistant. Pack 1 is the v2 battery and packs 2 and 3 are v1 batteries. The SOC's did seem fairly close for a couple of weeks and after I get them all up to 100% SOC, but then they are all over the place. Pack 1 is closest to the inverter. Positive cable to inverter is connected to Pack 1 and the negative to pack 3. Originally, I had both positive and negative connected to Pack 1, but then tried this setup to see if the SOC's would be more even. I've seen Pack 1 at 61%, Pack 2 at 20% and Pack 3 at 30%. This was just before the pic below, which shows after about 30 minutes of charging via the EG Chargeverter at 24 amps.

Any thoughts on why such a difference in SOC's??? Will this damage the batteries?? Especially if one Pack goes below 10%??

This second SA screenshot is after about 3 hours of charging via the Chargeverter.
Screenshot_20231111-145542_Chrome.jpg

Thanks!Battery Wiriing.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231111-123348_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231111-123348_Chrome.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Any thoughts on why such a difference in SOC's??? Will this damage the batteries?? Especially if one Pack goes below 10%??
Are your 3 batteries wired in a balanced manner or all from one end (to the battery showing the highest SoC that gets the lions share of the current)?

Since the cell max/min voltages are about the same on all three batteries, the problem is likely the Columb counters on the three batteries have not been reset by a full charge to 100% full reference reset.

Back