diy solar

diy solar

Soft start in the refrigerator

frankz66

Hi everyone, I wanted to know according to your point of view if I buy this soft start for the refrigerator can I decrease the starting point of the engine? The fridge consumes little about 70 watts the problem is the cue of 500 watts! Is it a useless expense or considering the price of about $ 20 is it worth it?

Soft Start, 3 connectors

Allows for a smooth start of the electric motor

230-250 Volt max.12 A

Tested up to 2500 Watts

Dimensions: 45 x 32 x 14 mm

Attachments

• sf.png
    sf.png
    266.6 KB · Views: 11
It's not much.
But could be enough to put a small system over the edge.

Many refrigerators use positive temp coefficient thermistor in series with start capacitor to enable/disable starter capacitor. This arrangement does not react well to triac voltage ramping.

It is highly unlikely a fixed ramp soft starter will provide the proper timing for a given motor load. Real soft starters have an adjustable ramp slope and initial minimum start of ramp voltage setting so they can be setup for a particular AC motor.

Last edited:
Many refrigerators use positive temp coefficient thermistor in series with start capacitor to enable/disable starter capacitor. This arrangement does not react well to triac voltage ramping.

It is highly unlikely a fixed ramp soft starter will provide the proper timing for a given motor load. Real soft starters have an adjustable ramp slope and initial minimum start of ramp voltage setting so they can be setup for a particular AC motor.
Thanks for the information. considering the cost and moreover I can return it I would like to try. Some users I used it for circular saws.

It's not much.
But could be enough to put a small system over the edge.
Hi Tim, yes the start of 500 watts is not so much for. my accumulation. the problem arises from the fact that it drops 1 volt, when the panels are in gunziona the activation of the fridge does not affect at all, but in the evening with the advance of consumption e.g. if the batteries reach 12.20 volts, I can find myself in the condition that the min They told me that this does not involve immediate changes, but if I wanted to discharge the accumulation not at 50% but at the 30% limit the inverter could go on low voltage alert.

500W startup power doesn't seem that drastic to me.
Hello and thank you for answering. As I don't have it, it's for you, during the day not even for me. The rest I answered later. I know the problem could be solved altogether if I had lifepo4. I'm thinking about it and evaluating the purchase for a 300 A BMS 200 A

diy solar

diy solar
Back