diy solar

diy solar

SOK 206AH and Bluetooth

Arion

After watching a number of Will's videos I went with the SOK 206ah batteries. I bought two of them (running 12 in parallel) and just bought a third one last week. I just ordered the standard battery at $1029 but was pleasantly surprised when I was sent the bluetooth model for both the two battery purchase and the single battery purchase. As far as I can tell from the website the bluetooth models also come with the heater. Those batteries list for $1200 so to get the bluetooth at the standard price is a bonus.

Just wondering if anyone else was gifted this way or are they now including the bluetooth in the build as a standard option? All three batteries have a build date of 4/22 looking at the details in the app. Speaking of the app.....it sucks. Was definitely written by a Chinese programmer still learning the nuances of the English language. For anyone that has these batteries do you know of a different app that will work on the IOS platform? I tried another app but it didn't detect the SOK bluetooth modules.

TIA!

Is there a communication port on the SOK battery anywhere or any way to transmit the data? If not, I’m not certain as to what benefit the Bluetooth capabilities offer other than seeing individual cell voltages and if that is true my a concern, there are bigger issues with the battery. I personally have two SOK batteries and don’t know if I would ever truly care about individual cell voltages as long as the batteries are performing as expected. But, I might feel different if I was using the batteries in series. Instead, they are connected in parallel in my RV. Couldn’t be happier with them!

Unfortunately sok wont give passcode to make parameter changes. They may publish factory info but not your battery parameters values. So value is low for testers. Other brands bluetooth allows changes. Eq. Aolithium. But making changes u lose warranty coverage.

Back