diy solar

diy solar

SOK 4 battery rack

Bluedog225

Texas
It’s a longshot, but does anyone have an SOK four battery rack they have moved on from?

I tried currentconnected.com but they are sold out. I started my system with four rack batteries and a rack. And now I’ve got room for one more set of four. I just didn’t plan around the new five rack deal.

Failing to find one, I’ll buy four more batteries and a five battery rack and find some way to cut it down. It’ll be ghetto just like the rest of my system. 😂

I am pretty sure they are just using a 19" telco rack. You would have to see how many U they are and buy the same height 4 post rack. Oh yeah, side support rails for each battery.

Each SOK battery is 4u - so 20u for 5 stacked. Or if you want a space and make your own cables then 25u. 4 stacked is only 16u...

Last edited:
I am using an EG4 three battery rack for three SunGoldPower (SOK Clone) batteries. The only issue was the holes in the battery flange did not align with the rack so I had to use some 1" x 1/8" aluminum bar on the "welded" side supports to raise the battery.

Just make sure you can fully support the battery and it's weight. Many server racks are not designed for the weight of a battery. I have never handled a server that weighed near as much as a battery

I am looking at having some custom built for 6 batteries, built in buss/ground bars, insulated cabinets, integrated thermostats with heating and circulation fans.

FA76BC3D-5EA1-4F63-B5A5-CA484C1EB0E1.png

Wow. How’s that working out? Are you willing to share some pricing?
It is very slow, but yes I will post about it. I am setting them up so they can mount side by side(matching knockouts) with a cabinet the same size between two battery cabinets with a back plate for mounting inverters/controls.

Obviously they could be indoor or outdoor on side of structure. Also cooling is an option on the front of the unit for outdoor installation.

Once I get this figured it shouldn’t be a big deal to have the battery cabinets made in a smaller size.

I am using 304ah 8s boxes, but for sizing I am sizing the depth for the 304ah16s boxes.

Don’t know if there will be any savings with shipping but I will get exactly what I want, four slot just isn’t enough and the five slot just messes with my ocd.

With 24v I will have just over 90kwh in two six slot cabinets.

Don’t know if there will be any savings with shipping but I will get exactly what I want, four slot just isn’t enough and the five slot just messes with my ocd.

With 24v I will have just over 90kwh in two six slot cabinets.
Have you seen the SOK 12 slot rack? It's basically what you want, but for 100ah Batteries instead

Have you seen the SOK 12 slot rack? It's basically what you want, but for 100ah Batteries instead
I have, too big to deal with and the SOK are 7” tall and my cases are over 10” so I couldn’t fit twelve batteries, it would be 10 or less.

Last edited:
I have, too big to deal with and the SOK are 7” tall and my cases are over 10” so I couldn’t fit twelve batteries, it would be 10 or less.
Yes, just giving ideas. Not to mention the SOK rack will not be deep enough for 280/304 batteries.

diy solar

diy solar
Back