diy solar

diy solar

SOK Battery Fresh out the box (200 ah) indicates 12.5 V with multimeter but will not power appliance. Is there no current or is it in safety mode ?

Neo Anderson

Is there no current or is it in safety mode ? Haven't charged it up yet just wanted to test a fan and motorized roof window. I'm new to batteries so was wondering if anybody knows what I'm missing. Thanks !

Neo

Hi. Welcome.

what kind of appliance? (Voltage, watts)

12.5V for a LiFePO4 is really low. You need to charge it first. Use a good charger meant for LiFePO4 batteries.

And provide a lot more details about how you attempted to test the fan and window with the battery.

Thanks for the responses ! The fan is 12 V and draws 8 Amps.
I connected the 2 positive and negative wires directly from the motor of the fan to the positive and negative terminal of the battery.

I don't have a LiFePO4 charger yet, do you know a good one ? Can I use my 12V 4A Battery charger for the time being ? I'm saving up for the solar to charge it with that.

Thanks again

12.5V for a LiFePO4 is really low. You need to charge it first. Use a good charger meant for LiFePO4 batteries.

And provide a lot more details about how you attempted to test the fan and window with the battery.
Thanks for the responses ! The fan is 12 V and draws 8 Amps.
I connected the 2 positive and negative wires directly from the motor of the fan to the positive and negative terminal of the battery.

I don't have a LiFePO4 charger yet, do you know a good one ? Can I use my 12V 4A Battery charger for the time being ? I'm saving up for the solar to charge it with that.

Thanks again

Back