diy solar

diy solar

SOK +Weize 100ah battery

ricon

Can I use SOK 100ah battery and Weize battery to create 24v system?
Maybe the question should be. Should I use 2 different battery for my 24V.

Last edited:
Maybe the question should be. Should I use 2 different battery for my 24V.
“Should?” Probably not.

But if both batteries spec the same and test the same, and both allow series installation per each manufacturer’s User Manual I’d be inclined to do it and not worry. But more knowledgeable folks might have a differing or better take on that. They might even be the same thing inside, though.

“Should?” Probably not.

But if both batteries spec the same and test the same, and both allow series installation per each manufacturer’s User Manual I’d be inclined to do it and not worry. But more knowledgeable folks might have a differing or better take on that. They might even be the same thing inside, though.
I agree.

With lead acid batteries a battery is pretty much a battery as long as it the same amount of cells and same ah.

But the lifepo4's are so different from one company to the next I would think they would always charge differently.

Heck in the case of my weize battery it varies depending on when you bought them. Look at the tear down Will did on his original weize 100ah and then the recent one. The original got killer reviews and THAT review is why I bought the first one. Now it seems the later ones are not only made cheaper they don't have the same cells in them. To much of a crap shoot for my liking.

Back