diy solar

diy solar

AIMS 48v 25a charger red error light on solid - no charge

dwcar49us

I recently bought a Weize 48v 100ah server rack battery and an AIMS 48v 25a charger for use as a UPS with a 3000 W 48 v inverter. When I first connected them everything worked fine, the battery charged. I adjusted the charge current and the plastic adjustment knob/screw fell out. Now I only get a red error light when trying to charge, even though the adjustment screw snapped back into the current control resistor and seems to still work over the 0%-100% range and hits the stops. Any ideas other than trying to replace the control completely? The charger red error light is on solid - with no charge. Cannot find any service or warranty info for AIMS.

I owned an 24v AIMS 6000k 120/240 split phase inverter for a year or so then eventually replaced the unit due to other reasons. Could you reply to this post with links to the system components? Also, most faults on the inverter can be identified with the manual. Regarding the parameters for charging your battery bank, AIMS inverters don't offer much BMS communication unfortunately. That was the biggest reason I opted to switch my setup to one that all communicates with each other (Inverter to battery bank via RS485).

Back