diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark-12K-P - Central TX - $3800

a619

Solar Enthusiast
I have a Sol-Ark 12k that I installed less than 4 months ago.

My original plan was to move my existing 12kW Enphase system as AC coupled PV to 12k, but I ended up finding a really good deal on panels and expanded my system with another 6kW DC coupled PV. It is now generating too much power for 12k to handle. :)

As the attached graph shows, my output is limited to 9kW once the batteries are charged and I lose at least ~25% of my PV generation each day.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 7.19.33 PM.png

My options are to either add another 12k, or replace it with a 15k unit. Due to space considerations, I'm leaning towards sizing up to a 15k unit. I can also move my Enphase system to main panel directly, but I'd rather keep it AC coupled and maintain a single point of control/ monitoring.

I prefer local pickup, but open to shipping in lower 48 for an additional $200 or your shipping cost. Let me know if you're interested or have any questions.

IMG_4156.jpeg

Last edited:
Alternatively, let me know if you're selling a 12k 😁

I have a Sol-Ark 12k that I installed less than 4 months ago.

My original plan was to move my existing 12kW Enphase system as AC coupled PV to 12k, but I ended up finding a really good deal on panels and expanded my system with another 6kW DC coupled PV. It is now generating too much power for 12k to handle. :)

As the attached graph shows, my output is limited to 9kW once the batteries are charged and I lose at least ~25% of my PV generation each day.

View attachment 197931

My options are to either add another 12k, or replace it with a 15k unit. Due to space considerations, I'm leaning towards sizing up to a 15k unit. I can also move my Enphase system to main panel directly, but I'd rather keep it AC coupled and maintain a single point of control/ monitoring.

I prefer local pickup, but open to shipping it as well at buyer's expense. Let me know if you're interested or have any questions.

View attachment 197935
With two 12ks You get one more MPPT and more continuous power 75 Amp's vs 62.5. Amp's with the 15k so there is that. I run two 12K all my mppts are full so I am using gen input AC couple enphase microinverters with one of my smaller arrays.

With two 12ks You get one more MPPT and more continuous power 75 Amp's vs 62.5. Amp's with the 15k so there is that. I run two 12K all my mppts are full so I am using gen input AC couple enphase microinverters with one of my smaller arrays.
I agree with all your points, but I don’t have much more room for expansion. We have a ton of mature trees (that we like) on our property that limit our ability to add any more PV. It’ll be easier for me to replace 12k with a 15k instead of trying to rearrange the garage again for 2x12k units.

I agree with all your points, but I don’t have much more room for expansion. We have a ton of mature trees (that we like) on our property that limit our ability to add any more PV. It’ll be easier for me to replace 12k with a 15k instead of trying to rearrange the garage again for 2x12k units.
I like the 15K and the 200 amp pass through is nice. It seems less complicated just to drop a 15K in.

Dam that is a good price, I am almost tempted but I also have a space issue.

Back