diy solar

diy solar

WTB: Sol-Ark 12K sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kirk

Looking to buy one of these all in one Sol-Arks, anyone want to sell?

Talked with Sol-Ark to split L1 and L2, one line per 120V critical load panel (2 CLoad panels installed). They said this wouldn't be a problem. Only issue with the 12K is shutdown on imbalance, that the 15K could handle imbalances better; but I don't see loads big enough to be an issue....thanks!

Are you doing a grid tied? Does it need to be approved in California?

I haven't decided on grid tie or not. Is this definition of grid tied: power goes back out to the utility? I asked earlier, but no one responded: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/permit-related-off-grid-definition-and-emt-use.72124/

Yes, I'm in California. For our county in California, my permit guy states UL listing is required....
Not only UL, but I think it has to be on the California list of approved inverters.

yes, the 12K is on the 3 lists: https://www.energy.ca.gov/programs-and-topics/programs/solar-equipment-lists

My permit person and installer person said they are a go to inverter....
I run 2 stacked 12ks only because I got a good deal on them. But 15k is better because the 12k only has 50 amp pass through were the 15k has 200amp. I just went through the process in AZ. AZ uses the CA list and rules. Also I did see some 12ks on here for sale. Here is My setup.

Last edited:
I run 2 stacked 12ks only because I got a good deal on them. But 15k is better because the 12k only has 50 amp pass through were the 15k has 200amp. I just went through the process in AZ. AZ uses the CA list and rules. Also I did see some 12ks on here for sale. Here is My setup.

The 12k is capable of 63a of passthrough

The breaker is 63 amp but 50 amps continuous max. See photo. That's for the outdoor model.
Ah, so a model that they don't sell anymore. I was assuming the much more common 12k-2P model.

You might be able to flash firmware and get 63a of pass-through, unless there is a hardware limitation.

Ah, so a model that they don't sell anymore. I was assuming the much more common 12k-2P model.

You might be able to flash firmware and get 63a of pass-through, unless there is a hardware limitation.
Yeah I think mine is a 2021-2022 12K-2P outdoor model Wi-Fi dongle on the side. Both of my inverters are running the current firmware. Generally with breakers if you want 100 amps continuous you use 125 amp breaker. I am not saying that it won't peak to 63 amps.

The inverse of 0.8 is 1.25. The minimum required breaker rating is determined by multiplying the full load by 1.25. If the load is 13.7 amps, then the minimum breaker size needs to be 13.7 x 1.25 = 17.125 amps. This is not a standard breaker rating, so per the NEC you would select the next standard size up, which in this case is 20 amps. This procedure is explained in “Overcurrent Devices Rated 800 Amperes or Less,” of Article 240.4(B) in NEC 2014.

Last edited:
Looking to buy one of these all in one Sol-Arks, anyone want to sell?

Talked with Sol-Ark to split L1 and L2, one line per 120V critical load panel (2 CLoad panels installed). They said this wouldn't be a problem. Only issue with the 12K is shutdown on imbalance, that the 15K could handle imbalances better; but I don't see loads big enough to be an issue....thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back