diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k limitless LV with 2.3MWh

tonyandjill

Hey guys, i'm looking at buying a used 15k with 2.9MWh total production showing on the display. Not sure on the final price yet.

Up until i found this one i was ready to buy the EG4 18kpv because it seems comparable in spec. and a little cheaper.

I would appreciate your input on this.

Depends upon price. SA 15k is solid. 2.9MWh is less than 1 year of production. Find out if warranty transfers. If not, then adjust for that.
For the same price, I might go with a slightly used SA 15k vs an 18kpv.

Find out why they are selling the 15k.

i think they are selling bc they are moving. warranty is not transferrable unless it stays at the same property. price is $3400. a refurb 18kpv from SS is only $3600 plus shipping. i'll watch the 15k. if it doesnt sell i'll offer $3k. i would save about a thousand dollars.

i think they are selling bc they are moving. warranty is not transferrable unless it stays at the same property. price is $3400. a refurb 18kpv from SS is only $3600 plus shipping. i'll watch the 15k. if it doesnt sell i'll offer $3k. i would save about a thousand dollars.
I'd take the used 15k at $3,400 vs the refurbished 18kpv at $3,600.

15k is a more mature product (more bugs discovered and fixed). "used" is likely nothing wrong with it, and electronics have been burned in (past the initial 90 days when if it was going to fail early, it would have failed by now).

18kpv refurbished could be a return with nothing wrong, or something minor that was fixed. Still could have components that fail early, but you have a refurbished warranty for that. However, if it was returned and fixed with something wrong, who knows if it will turn out to be a lemon (unfixable).

diy solar

diy solar
Back