diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15k charging battery from the grid unexpectedly

n1helix

Curious if anyone has any thoughts.

I have a 15k paired with a 30kWh Ruixu stack in closed loop that has been working for several months without issues.

Today, after the battery depleted to 20% SOC throughout the night, and with no PV available yet, the inverted started pulling from the grid and charging the battery.

Even though I have battery grid charging disabled in the inverter settings. My desired scenario is that the inverted will cover the load demand from the grid, and let the battery sit at 20% SOC until PV recharges it.

Sol-Ark customer service validated all of my settings, however their stance is that the battery BMS can override the inverter settings and force the inverted to charge the battery from the grid, even though the setting in disabled in the inverter settings. And since Ruixu isn't an approved Sol-Ark partner, I'm basically being told "tough luck"

Typically if the battery gets below the minimum setting set in the Inverter it will charge the battery back up to the minimum if it can.
I never knew that the batteries BMS could override that particular setting.
It makes sense that if they can do it they will do it since they are going to do whatever they have to in order to make sure the cells don't get damaged and you then make a warranty claim.

Back