diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark 15K output limited?

cm119

I'm on my first day running my house behind a 15K, and have a couple questions.

First, prior to today, the SA was connected to solar, batteries, and grid (via a main panel that breaks out a grid connection to the SA, and one to my bypass transfer switch). So all the SA saw was the grid connection, so it just sold all power back to the grid. The Grid Sell limit was set to 9000, and I would see the Grid top out at -9,500 in the middle of the day. Solar was right around 10,000 (11840 of PV installed). I could see a 'flat spot' in the grid/power curve in the middle of the day, and assumed that raising the grid sell from 9000 to 12000 would get rid of that, and really allow the SA to generate and sell max power. I changed that setting, but didn't get to fully test it today because we did more work.

So now today comes, and we completed some electrical work and then threw the transfer switch to now put the house main panel behind the SA via the load breaker. I assume this, along with increasing the Grid sell, would have allowed the SA to run at maximum capacity, as close to 11840 as possible, but I actually found the opposite to be the case, it's now running at LESS power output. Now I'm only seeing it do ~8,500-9,000w or so split between loads and grid sell. Both Limited to Load and Limited to Home, along with Grid Sell, seem to be the same.

Looking at the SA screen, if i check Solar or Grid charts, it seems to be showing 8000w as 100%, as if it is set to a max output of 8000w. I don't see this setting configured anywhere, other than under 'grid peak shaving', which is disabled, and the value is grayed-out so I can't change it. What could be causing this apparent 8000w output limit?

Second question, after changing from Limited to Load to Limited to Home, the 'HM' values show up Red on the display. Is this normal? CTs are installed, and both HM and LD show very similar values, which I think is expected because the entire panel is downstream of the load breaker, and the CTs are on the incoming Utility line, so my load through the whole system should be the same as what the meter sees. The values are negative, indicating power is flowing back to the grid. In Limited to Load mode, the values are all the same, they just don't highlight Red.

Thanks,

Craig

Attachments

• IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1771.jpg
    IMG_1771.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
The simplest and quickest solution is to call Sol-Ark.
That is Assuming the Inverter is Internet connected.
Call at around noon and give them permission to log into your Inverter. Once you explain what your trying to achieve they will program the settings for you.

diy solar

diy solar
Back