diy solar

diy solar

Solar Air Conditioner

I was giving this some more thought, and it occurred to me that the 40x40cm opening in the roof, and the attendant all in one design, is not a "good thing". In fact, I'd love the opportunity to replace the two AC units on my rig with vent fans by using a true mini-split with a rooftop mount design. Remove the old AC, install a fantastic fan and then install the new mini-split adjacent to the vent. That would allow me to benefit from the significant efficiencies that come from splitting the units (one of the hallmarks of the mini-split design). Now, about that 24v version... :D
Sounds like a good idea. I would recommend remove one and leave the other for a shore power option. I will consider 24V version seriously.

It's been a while since I made a peep in this thread but I really think you need to look hard at what you are doing. As I mentioned before you are leaping into the deep end without your floaties. You can spend big bucks on R&D and then find that your entire business model has been ripped out from under you by someone importing a container of units from China and selling them at half the price you are selling yours.

It's been a while since I made a peep in this thread but I really think you need to look hard at what you are doing. As I mentioned before you are leaping into the deep end without your floaties. You can spend big bucks on R&D and then find that your entire business model has been ripped out from under you by someone importing a container of units from China and selling them at half the price you are selling yours.
Maybe that's what he's doing :)

My business model is based on OEM at factory in China and developing 12V model for the RV and trucks. Sorry if I did not make it clear in the beginning.

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I would like to run my business idea by the solar enthusiastic. Currently I am developing a 12V DC air conditioner for RV and trucks. It has 6000 BTU of cooling power, 300W-795W power consumption, and rated current of 25A-66A. 12V LiFePO4 300Ah battery can sustain more than 8 hour operation. While trickle charged by (2) 200W mono panels, vehicle's alternator can fully charge the battery while driving. I would appreciate if you share your thoughts and feedback. Thanks!
I'm new here too. Good luck and it's a good idea!

Long story short, ACDC 12V air conditioner was a big hit at Amazon. First batch of 30 sets was sold out in 2 weeks and second batch of 100 sets will be on line starting next week. Please check the Amazon link for the ACDC 12V air conditioner detail: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DHP82LG
Great news, how about one for car camping....a smaller unit. have this on my wait list for when its back in stock

on hot days, i’ve used a small AC to spot cool myself in the shade. when it’s 500W or less, i feel ok justifying the power use for short periods of enjoying outdoors while hot out. it really increases how enjoyable it is to be outside. when this unit is back in stock, maybe i could make it again with this mini split!

would be a really cool (heh) project to make a solar awning with motion detection cooling or something.

how is the condensate drain?

may i ask what material the evaporator is made out of?

this sort of thing could be useful for regulating the temperature of battery compartments too!

any thoughts on option for stacked plate heat exchanger to interface with water/glycol loop?

thank you and may your current and future endeavors go ok!

Did they pirated your construction already?

Did they pirated your construction already?
As I said earlier, ACDC 12V air conditioner technology is based on OEM from factories in China. Product differentiation can be found in "refrigerant gas pre-filled", which makes ACDC 12V air conditioner DIY ready. Most of cheap Chinese 12V/24V air conditioner products can not be shipped to Amazon warehouses due to the hazardous material restriction.

BTW, ACDC 12V air conditioner becomes available now on Amazon, please find the link below:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DHP82LG

New features include Fahrenheit temperature LED display, more accurate temperature reading. 24V version will be available starting this batch so please bear with me until Amazon approves the product listing.

Please note that there will be a modest price increase this weekend so please don't miss this discounted pricing opportunity.

ACDC 24V model is available at Amazon:

Amazon pre-order discount will go away by this weekend. Any comments would be highly appreciated, so please leave your thoughts here.

Back