diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Help

Dave (Boog)

Hello,
Yesterday I successfully downloaded and installed Solar Assistant and have it monitoring Solar production on my system. I currently have six 250 watt solar panels in series, feeding my Growatt SPF 3000 ES inverter, which is connected to my DIY 14kw Lifepo4 battery.
Everything seems do work, except when I click on the Solar PV icon on the Solar Assistant main screen, it doesn’t launch a new screen with information about my solar.
I have seen YouTube videos demonstrating SA and when they clicked on the Solar PV it launches a screen with solar production information.
Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2254.png
    IMG_2254.png
    352.5 KB · Views: 14
I think for that you would need per-panel monitoring like tigo or enphase with rs485 for that to work. I'll check if I can plug my SA into the tigo comms port or if the solark needs to communicate with the tigo

I think that is a beta feature. I don't have it, and I'm not on the beta version.
But you can access the information on other pages.
The inverter page and the grafts page.
And in the logs page, for stored information.

I think that is a beta feature. I don't have it, and I'm not on the beta version.
But you can access the information on other pages.
The inverter page and the grafts page.
And in the logs page, for stored information.
I am on the SA Beta. Also have PV info displayed within the Growatt Inverter(s)/MPPT(s). Just NO LINK on the Solar PV.
I have LINKs for Inverter & Battery and Grid. Even though its OFFGRID.

I am on the SA Beta. Also have PV info displayed within the Growatt Inverter(s)/MPPT(s). Just NO LINK on the Solar PV.
I have LINKs for Inverter & Battery and Grid. Even though its OFFGRID.
Maybe it's only for certain inverter manufacturers.
I've never seen it, so I don't know. (Just thinking out loud)

Maybe it's only for certain inverter manufacturers.
I've never seen it, so I don't know. (Just thinking out loud)
Probably so. I've been so used to the SA interface and NO SOLAR PV LINK. But it does make sense Solar PV info should be available via LINK with same info presented from Growatt Inverter/MPPT (PV Power/PV Voltage/PV Current)

Probably so. I've been so used to the SA interface and NO SOLAR PV LINK. But it does make sense Solar PV info should be available via LINK with same info presented from Growatt Inverter/MPPT (PV Power/PV Voltage/PV Current)
I guess it could be handy.
I'm just used to seeing all of that information on the Inverter page. I don't know how it's presented on the solar page. But I like seeing it represented separately for each unit. (On the inverter page)

Unlike the other three dashboard icons, the Solar PV icon has no embedded link.

In earlier versions the Grid icon didn't either but that was added at some stage. I guess they may add one for the Solar PV icon, which would show the PV data you can see now by clicking on the Inverter icon.

At about 11:03 you’ll see Ian use his thumb to press the Solar PV icon which brings up another screen with information.
If you watch again you'll see when he taps it, nothing happens. But he then quickly cuts to another shot which is the inverter's page. When tapping the other three icons, the next page loads instantly.

Back