diy solar

diy solar

Solar Charge Controller and Converter settings

RBH

Hi All

Getting a bit dizzy looking at 12v LifeP04 charge settings for our RV.

My setup
2x190W GoPower Panels
2x100ah GoPower SunCycle Batteries
Victron MPPT 100/30
Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV Lithium Converter
Victron Smartshunt 500a

Q1. The PD9160ALV charges at 14.6 and then floats at 13.6 , should the MPPT controller be set the same? Most of what I read here indicates the solar controller should be set to 14.4 and float ranges from 13.5 to 14.2.

Q2. The batteries have a BMS. Does the BMS take care of equalization or should that be set within the MPPT. If it happens with the BMS should the MPPT equalization be set low so as to be effectively disabled?

Q3. The MPPT needs a charged voltage set. Is that the same as the MPPT float setting?

Q4. When and how do I set the SOC on the Smartshunt?

Thanks in advance. Just looking for a set it and forget it configuration

Britt

Q1, set the MPPT absorbtion 14.2, float 13.4 , absorbtion period 30 mins, equilization disabled, temperature compensation disabled.
Q2, the BMS is a protection control system that protects the battery, it disconnects if safety perameters are exceeded , it does not control charging. All charge perameters are set in the charger.
Q3 Charged voltage is set in the Smart Shunt, set to 0.1 or 0.2 volts below the absorbtion setting in the charger.
Q4 When the battery is fully charged you can manually set to 100% using the app, or let the shunt carry out a auto sync.

Back