diy solar

diy solar

Solar controller/inverter question

X1aero

So I spend a lot of my time (work) in locations without power. Support equipment is powered by a DIY 66ah/25v lithium battery driving a 500w inverter. My lidar scanning drone and bathymetry boat are chaged using a 90ah/48v lithium pack directly. New gear requires about 1500w at 120v, so I need a new system lol. So far I have a set of solar panels at 400w and I'm assembling a 600ah/24v LiFePO4 pack using 300ah cells in a 4s2p configuration. To simplify things I was hoping to find a charge controller/inverter that didn't cost a fortune. So far I found a Victron EasySolar-II GX, which does everything I need. But it's not cheap! Any other options? Thanks!

If I am not mistaken the Victron units are 230vAC single phase. There are several 24vDC 120vAC AIO's out there in the $400-600 price ranges.

Though you do not need the features of AC input, or charging, having a SCC with MPPT, programmable setpoints, and 3kW inverter output might be worth a look.

I use the off-grid AIO MPP Solar 3048LV (3000w AC, 48v battery) with optional PV + AC (grid or generator) inputs for my camper ($650) - https://shopsolarkits.com/products/...-145vdc-battery-charger-60a-3048lv-mk-3kw-48v I have 4 x 300w panels on the roof of the camper feeding into this MPP Solar.
1712092887402.png

In the MPP Solar world be careful to get off-grid (White case generally) instead of hybrid (Green case generally) for off-grid situations. For off-grid a battery is required.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken the Victron units are 230vAC single phase. There are several 24vDC 120vAC AIO's out there in the $400-600 price ranges.

Though you do not need the features of AC input, or charging, having a SCC with MPPT, programmable setpoints, and 3kW inverter output might be worth a look.
I missed the 230 out. And the ac input would useful to charge before heading out to work instead of solely relying on the solar panels.

Back