diy solar

diy solar

Solar Generators - eg Ecoflow Bluetti Question

WattAboutThat

I am wanting to search for any brand Solar Generator, that offers the ability for the AC Outlets to turn on automatically, once the batteries have sufficient power stored.

My issue: i do not know what this feature is called, such that i could search for Solar Generators with that capability.

Background Scenario: I want to put a small outbuilding on a farm, where no grid power exists. In that building, will be a Solar Generator to supply power, an NVR to record Video, IP Cameras connected to the NVR, a WiFi Router, to provide internet to the NVR, a Ubiquiti Wireless WiFi Bridge (AC Nano), to transmit and receive internet packets, to and from the outbuilding, and from and to a building that already has Internet.

The goal: To use a Solar Generator, that automatically turns on the AC outlets, once the next day’s sun has sufficiently charged the battery.

While I intend on sizing the battery sufficiently large that it should never fully drain. I would like to account for the situation, that if, the battery does fully drain, once the next day’s sun, has charged the battery via solar panels sufficiently to power the AC outlets, I would like those outlets to turn on automatically, without my having to drive out to the outbuilding, to push a button, or any other required human intervention.

i want the, bridge, router, nvr, cameras to automatically start working whenever there is power available.

1) Can anyone tell me what terminology I dhould be using to search for this capability in a Solar Generator?

2) Does anyone already know of a brand and model which offers this capability?

Thank you

For the router, wifi, etc you might run those off the USB ports? So long as your WIFI is running, then you can check the AC status remotely through the internet (on your phone using the app). With Ecoflow, you can at least turn on/off the AC inverter through the app.

Back