diy solar

diy solar

Solar Generators in parallel?

tanderson

Several gas genset makers sell parallel kits to run dual units and double output. Is this possible with a matched pair of solar generators?

Hybrid inverters might be able to do this....

Tell us what you have and more about what you are trying to do...

So bare with me while I explain... I'm relatively new at this so forgive any newbie mistakes. I am purchasing a cruising sailboat that is outfitted with a flooded lead acid house battery system. I will be changing this out for lithium at some point in the future. The boat is also wired for a genset but does not have one installed. There is a dedicated enclosure for the genset as well. Because the boat has a limited amount of storage, this locker is currently being used for other items. The idea of having a self contained solar "generator" like a Titan or Bluetti is a good one because I can easily move it in and out of this locker and potentially have room for other items. I realize I could diy my own self-contained system that is portable, but I'd rather not do that at this point. I would like to have enough wattage to run a watermaker or one of the AC units off this battery "genset", but even the Titan may not do it. And before you ask, I don't immediately have the specs for the AC unit or watermaker as I have not closed the sale on the boat yet. So, I'm thinking that 2 bluetti 2000 units, for example, would be able to handle the load if they were paralleled. Then I would have the convenience of the form factor to remove one off the boat to run a pellet grill or campsite, etc.

Several gas genset makers sell parallel kits to run dual units and double output. Is this possible with a matched pair of solar generators?
You can not parallel 2 Bluetti AC200s.
Why didn't you mention what solar generator?

I have not purchased one (or 2) yet as I was hoping there was a unit out there that could be paralleled.
How would you charge one or two Bluetti AC200s on your boat if you put them where the genset goes?
700 watts of solar panels x 2 is a lot to fit on a boat.

How would you charge one or two Bluetti AC200s on your boat if you put them where the genset goes?
700 watts of solar panels x 2 is a lot to fit on a boat.
Solar, shore power, alternator, potentially wind gen or hydro generator... Also boat will used on weekends mostly at first so plenty of time to charge via solar. Boat currently has 400w of solar with room for 300 more.

Back