diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel for Ecoflow battery query

freeman3030

Hi, my mother in law is kindly gifting us an Ecoflow River 2 Pro as she no longer needs it. I'd been looking at buying an Ecoflow Delta for camping but thought as she was kindly offering this, it would be great to see how we get on. She has been using it without a solar panel but I would like to get one as we would plan to use it whilst camping.

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping for some expert advice on. Do I have to use an Ecoflow solar panel?

I notice the max solar input is 220w, does that mean if I was to plug in a 400w panel, it wouldn't charge the battery as it's overpowered? My thought is, when using a 400w panel on an overcast day when solar generation will be lower, by having an oversized panel, it might yield a higher input. I completely understand that the pack won't take more than 220w but would it damage the battery?

Thinking a little longer term, providing this work for us, I could imagine wanting an evening larger battery in the future so would rather buy a large panel now to save re-buying later in the future.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi, my mother in law is kindly gifting us an Ecoflow River 2 Pro as she no longer needs it. I'd been looking at buying an Ecoflow Delta for camping but thought as she was kindly offering this, it would be great to see how we get on. She has been using it without a solar panel but I would like to get one as we would plan to use it whilst camping.

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping for some expert advice on. Do I have to use an Ecoflow solar panel?

I notice the max solar input is 220w, does that mean if I was to plug in a 400w panel, it wouldn't charge the battery as it's overpowered? My thought is, when using a 400w panel on an overcast day when solar generation will be lower, by having an oversized panel, it might yield a higher input. I completely understand that the pack won't take more than 220w but would it damage the battery?

Thinking a little longer term, providing this work for us, I could imagine wanting an evening larger battery in the future so would rather buy a large panel now to save re-buying later in the future.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
The limit is the 50V max. that's a never exceed value. Need to take into account that panel voltage increases as temps drop. Should be safe with something with a Voc of 41-42V or less.

The River 2 pro will draw the amps it needs up to the 220W max input.

Screenshot_20240616_155059_Chrome.jpg

Sorry didn't see the other question, you can use any panel with that VOC rating or below, doesn't have to be ecoflow (their panels tend to be very expensive).

Thanks for confirming. I've since been looking and have seen a 400w/40v VTOMAN solar panel on eBay that's used that might be a good fit. There's currently a discount on it and it's not an awful lot more expensive than a 220w panel. I think I'll give it a whirl!

diy solar

diy solar
Back