diy solar

diy solar

Alternative to EcoFlow Smart Home Panel

Altide8

Does anyone know of an alternative to the ecoflow smart home panel that could be used with an existing battery bank (10kw LiFep04 cells). I like the functionality of the ecoflow panel relays, and the ability to easily and or remotely swing certain loads. Although I havent been able to find anything similiar. Basically I would like to use the battery to offset some energy consumption. I'm in Alabama, so a grid tied system isn't really an option.

I think what you're after is an AIO inverter and a sub panel.
The AIO could passthrough grid power or run off solar / batteries.

Most of the stock monitoring software is crap so I'd buy an AIO that was compatible with Solar Assistant, you could switch remotely this way.

Does anyone know of an alternative to the ecoflow smart home panel that could be used with an existing battery bank (10kw LiFep04 cells). I like the functionality of the ecoflow panel relays, and the ability to easily and or remotely swing certain loads. Although I havent been able to find anything similiar. Basically I would like to use the battery to offset some energy consumption. I'm in Alabama, so a grid tied system isn't really an option.
There’s this

Maybe this

So far none of these responses really answer the original question. I have been looking for something similar too - a "smart" transfer switch that lets you programmatically or manually remotely switch individual circuits between grid and generator (solar). It looks like there is a potential solution with products like the generac smart transfer switches with additional modules added to them, but I haven't looked at them too closely because they are way more money than I would want to spend on a transfer switch.

As was mentioned above, most of the AIO units support switching between grid pass through and running on the inverter. I think I'm just going to settle on a manual Reliance Pro Tran 2 transfer switch that has 10 circuits with individual switches to switch them individually between grid and solar inverter power. You still have to go and physically flip those switches if you want to change a circuit, but I don't think one would end up changing them very often anyway. Still - it would be nice to have an option for one like the EcoFlow Smart Home Panel that would allow you to do it remotely. Even better would be one you could tie to an automation solution like home assistant or something to automatically switch them with some intelligent programming. I've spent a good amount of time looking for such a thing that doesn't cost in the thousands of dollars, but so far no luck.

So far none of these responses really answer the original question. I have been looking for something similar too - a "smart" transfer switch that lets you programmatically or manually remotely switch individual circuits between grid and generator (solar). It looks like there is a potential solution with products like the generac smart transfer switches with additional modules added to them, but I haven't looked at them too closely because they are way more money than I would want to spend on a transfer switch.

As was mentioned above, most of the AIO units support switching between grid pass through and running on the inverter. I think I'm just going to settle on a manual Reliance Pro Tran 2 transfer switch that has 10 circuits with individual switches to switch them individually between grid and solar inverter power. You still have to go and physically flip those switches if you want to change a circuit, but I don't think one would end up changing them very often anyway. Still - it would be nice to have an option for one like the EcoFlow Smart Home Panel that would allow you to do it remotely. Even better would be one you could tie to an automation solution like home assistant or something to automatically switch them with some intelligent programming. I've spent a good amount of time looking for such a thing that doesn't cost in the thousands of dollars, but so far no luck.
Pro Tran 2 sounds interesting... I am looking to have to 2 circuit boards in the home... one from the grid... another from solar/inverter/batteries... the Pro Tran is not something I’ve come across... ?

This explains my original questions much more clearly. As you mentioned the ability to remotely switch these circuits opens up endless possibilities. I am already running home assistant in my house and camper van. For example, it would be very simple to trigger such panel to switch to battery power when the battery SOC is over 50%.

It seems like the new ecoflo smart panel allows for a generator input, instead of grid. It seems as though this could be used as an input from an existing battery bank.

Look into SPAN panel. Expensive but ideal for ESS system. You can “move” the circuits on the fly with your phone app to critical, semi critical and non critical. Adjust at what % you want those circuits to kick on with SOC. I would love to have one and it would eliminate the need for 2 or 3 of the sun panels but for $3500 not including installation. You can include it in your federal tax credit of 30% but still a lot of money.

Look into SPAN panel. Expensive but ideal for ESS system. You can “move” the circuits on the fly with your phone app to critical, semi critical and non critical. Adjust at what % you want those circuits to kick on with SOC. I would love to have one and it would eliminate the need for 2 or 3 of the sun panels but for $3500 not including installation. You can include it in your federal tax credit of 30% but still a lot of money.
It's my understanding that the Span panel can only monitor circuits and turn them on-off remotely. The EcoFlow panel has the ability to switch the input for the loads.

Back