diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Smart Panel 2

Corky Carlisle

Totally off-grid with pole barn and workshop. Ecoflow says can't use Smart panel without main breaker panel. Since all my breakers will land in the Smart Panel, why use a main with no CBs. Confused?!? I do not want to tinker with the system, I just need it to work. I have 6 20 amp and 2 30 amp. breaker need. I do have 120 20 amp line that I could pull over for cloudy season charging. Help, please.

Have you already bought ecoflow equipment and want to make this work or are you open to alternate plan suggestions?

It would be relatively simple to add a main panel with a bond to make the ecoflow work if you're on that plan.

What does the smart panel get you? It sounds like you have the sub-panel there (or planned) - why not just take the output of the EF (Pro or Ultra?) and pipe it into the sub-panel and call it a day. There was an allure of the Smart Panel when I looked into their stuff last year, but I got soured by the (lack of) reliability of the relays.

Either way, I would for sure run that 20a circuit into the EF input, if just for convenience.

I have a very similar, in concept, system - except I'm using a Reliance 6 breaker transfer switch. My Bluetti AC300 output goes right into the transfer switch. A 30a 120v breaker feeds the AC300 to charge batteries when the sun doesn't do it.

Back